April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, Jimmy W, Jim H., AaronN, 2 invisible), 441 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,102
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you Steve.

Thank you again Jim.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, the SKS's are also pretty stout guns. I have two Russian SKS's and an Albanian, and all are accurate and totally trouble free. The Albanians are the lowest in SKS production numbers, and they apparently took much more time in fit, finish, and polishing. Fun to shoot too, but not as much fun as when you could get a thousand rounds delivered to your door for around $60.00. The guns were also a whole lot cheaper before the Golfer-in-Chief anti-gun anti-christ Obama came on the scene.

On a side note, if you lived in New York state or Connecticut instead of Texas, you might be trying to dispose of an SKS or AK-47 instead of buying one. That's why I thought Brian's thread deserved to be exactly where it was instead of here in Misfires or neatly tucked away in the Second Amendment thread. Unfortunately, guns and politics will be intimatly intertwined for the rest of our lives. When we forget that, we will soon lose it all.

King Brown was the one who predictably took Brian's thread way off course and into the realm of dictators, and trying to tell us that the only way Republicans can ever win again is to become exactly like Democrats. It's strange that he wants to meddle so much in our Second Amendment affairs when he does nothing of the sort in his own country.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Keith. I particularly like the Russian SKS at Simpson's that I linked to as it was made in 1954 in the heart of the Evil Empire.

I agreeably disagree. I believe it will be one constant pissfight in the main section if we have political threads in the main forum. I don't see how anyone can discuss the Second Amendment without discussing Republicans and Democrats and politics.

I wish King would follow the rules and keep his political posts down here. But I wish lots of people would do lots of things, probably many of which are none of my business.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had trouble keeping opinions out of the 2nd Amendment thread that Dave put up in the main section. On occasion I've had to ask Dave to remove irrelevant posts from that thread to keep it newsworthy, informational and factual.
As far as I'm concerned if you're not a solid 100% 2nd Amendment supporter you don't belong on this forum period. Owning and using firearms without being 100% behind the Constitutional right to do so is hypocritical and I would expel those who don't totally support this right.
This to me is in the same category as permitting a Holocaust non believer to post on a Jewish Religious forum.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike I'm not totally familiar with the AK but I am familiar with the SKS......I own two. If you buy the SKS take my advice and get a shop manual or something that will show you how to do a complete field strip. Strip it and make sure you have the gas piston and tube completely degreased. They are one tough little gun.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It was pretty obvious King was trying to the thread moved,he tried obamacare,then when we didn't "take the bait" he went with the 2012 election loss.

I have a SKS as well,bought it when I worked for a large gun importer back in the late 80's.I think it was $250 then.
They came in crates and had so much cosmoline on them we had to have two people to do the booking in,one to handle the bound book the other with gloves on to pull them out of the crate and clean off the serial number.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Jerb if I buy an SKS I will figure out how to strip it down and clean it and pay attention especially those two items. I like everything about the SKS except that the fact that a citizen is in possession of it won't outrage the likes of Feinstein, Boxer, and Bloomberg since the magazine grin is not removable like those on an AK or AR. I like everything else about them and they are less expensive.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 03/31/14 08:24 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, IIRC there are a couple variations that take detatchable magazines. I didn't believe it until I examined one. The thing used a standard AK mag. A good place to check out AK's and SKS, is http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

They can be modified to take a detachable magazine (at least I understand they can)....I haven't done it nor can I explain it.

I've heard its less reliable with them however.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 03/31/14 10:51 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

before you make up your mind and shell out the $$$$ look at the Ruger mini-14 in .223 .223 ammo is getting available again and mini-14's with 20 & 30 round magazines are all over gunbroker.
Several law enforcement people I know prefer the Ruger. Aftermarket accessories for the Ruger are numerous.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.