March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Wild Skies, Jason Dubois), 865 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,017
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#368091 06/02/14 09:33 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I was most pleased to find that my gun collection is covered under the contents of my home policy with Safeco Insurance. Most companies cut it of at 1500 but on their best policy Safeco does not. Paying .90/100 has cost me thousands over the years and now the price is WAY DOWN. Guess I will have to find a couple of extra guns to buy. By the way I have a note from their Regional manager stating that the coverage is as stated.
NO I don't sell the stuff.
bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill
Do you list the value of each and what you have . If not you may be miss understanding the policy. I don't see how that they can insure them if they aren't listed individually. If I told my insurance agent I had a $15,000 gun he would think I was a crook and that there is no such thing probably think I was trying to scam him.

Re check..... there are no free rides!!!!!!

Fit my stock!!!!!!

monty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill
The only sure fire way to insure any object for its true value is to take out an “All risks policy” on each of the Items you want to insure be it a gun jewellery or some ancient artefact. And then go over the small print extremely carefully.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!
Sidelock
Sidelock

All my guns are insured at "replacement value" through Chubb, whether stolen, lost, damaged, etc. Every three years I need to get a few of the more pricy guns valued by a competent appraiser. A Chubb representative also reviews the policy from time to time and I need to meet a certain criteria as to where and how they are stored and secured. This is a similar policy mentioned by Damascus.

Hence, I never worry about travel or shipping insurance or about them becoming missing.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have a list and keep current replacement values, I am not dealing with a local, desperate to sell agent, but their regional manager. I also keep pictures of the guns on a disk.
When you insure 6 figures the cost go up quick and soon become unaffordable. It is no fun to spend 2k on gun insurance.
bill

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi, I know this has been mention in previous threads, but I have all my Firearms insured by Eastern Insurance. Good folks to deal with and you don't have to provide any info on what you have unless the value is over $10.000.00. They also cover guns in transit either to or from a Gunsmith and also damage and/or loss while at an event, hunting, break in etc.

The total cost is not that much, cheaper than what you may think. I took out my policy because my homeowners policy was vague on what they will cover. For me it was better to have the separate policy and have piece of mind.

Might be worth your time to check them out and ask a few questions.

Good Luck!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

gjw,

Yes, Eastern Insurance is a good outfit and I liked their coverage but they were twice as expensive as my Chubb policy, whom I also use for most of my other insurance needs. Chubb only asks about detailed info on items over $25,000. Anything under that amount is automatically covered without any questions, at least on my policy. Chubb is expensive, overall, but their coverage on high end items may be the best in the business but they are very selective about who, what and where they will issue coverage. They will not insure in Florida or selected ZIP codes.

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

HI SR, I did check into Chubb a while back and to be honest for what I had, Eastern was cheaper. I guess it all depends. I've heard good things about Chubb, so perhaps either one is a win-win for us gun owners.

Take Care!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

"When you insure 6 figures the cost go up quick and soon become unaffordable. It is no fun to spend 2k on gun insurance.
bill"

I now have a very secure gun room so I have changed my insurance policy to only cover the cream of the crop which might be skim milk to others. I have to define what is covered but it beats paying money for insurance to the point I can not afford the policy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I use eastern (Jack Richardson)

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.