May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
11 members (FlyChamps, FelixD, Kolar Dickson, bushveld, 3 invisible), 823 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,489
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, I can't recall Obama being disrespectful of the electorate which put him in the White House. As president representing all Americans it would be pretty foolish, not that he hasn't done foolish things. I do recall his presidential opponent saying 47 per cent of the country's Republicans and Democrats were lazy, undeserving spongers because they received a government cheque. Talk about "demonizing." Think it cost him the White House?

Last edited by King Brown; 11/11/14 12:43 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

What cost Mitt Romney the election is taking his foot off the neck of the serpent after he had him on the ropes and made Obama look like the stumblebum he is in the second debate. Add to that the widespread voter fraud that Rocky Mtn Bill declares did not happen. You Libtards still cannot tell us how voter I.D. laws in any way disenfranchise anyone.

I switched channels from FOX to MSNBC for the last couple hours. Went from two-sided commentary where Liberals got their chance to make their case on FOX, and then went to MSNBC and a 100% anti-Republican diatribe except when they were fawning over Obama like King Brown and Rocky Mtn Bill constantly do. This was no surprise to me . I do it quite often... often enough to know King is spewing Bullshit from every pore.

Agenda driven. Committed Libtards. Dishonest. Even to the point of supporting and providing cover for anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats. These people are not our friends. They are absolutely enemies of the Second Amendment. They are a disservice to all members. They are like a Malignant Cancer.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Craig, I can't recall Obama being disrespectful of the electorate which put him in the White House. As president representing all Americans....

See now, I think the spin you put on my thought is, well, to be anticipated.

Joe average republican is not, repeat not, the electorate that put him in the White House. Also, I never mentioned disrespect in my thought. I was hoping Bill could come up with documentation that this pres could speak favorably about his citizens that did not happen to vote for him.

We have documentation that this pres belittles the TEA party, states elections have consequences, Joe the plumber, southerners clinging to their guns and bibles, you know the broken record. But, I left that ideological agenda driven poison out, and had hoped that a positive or favorable comment had come from his presidential prerogative.

If you're truly as well read, well rounded and open minded as you state, you may notice that Romney's 47% comment is the only factual criticism that you can come up with. Yet, the repeated conclusion by you is, bo is near always right and Romney was all wrong for the position.

No, an insider ideologue such as yourself will run with off mic snippets. The average bo voter was on a much more superficial level. Talking points said Romney hated minorities, the 'poor', women, and had a character flaw for valuing the family structure. You do remember the R's criticized his 'policy', not the dems, right?

Shame on Romney for not being able to close the deal on election night, but I do believe he maximized the resources that he was limited by.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You're agreeing with me, Craig. Whether it's the Pokiok Post-Record or the Washington Post, journalists and their owners use media for selfish and personal reasons just as any other organization. It's human nature. It doesn't take empiric evidence to confirm.

Cough, cough, I do believe you are spinning here and drifting off of the topic. I was hoping you had proof about ole Rush, Fox, etc and your conclusions.

Hey King, PEW, The Project for Excellence in Journalism and Tom Rosenstiel(all one in the same) say polling of journalists result in a low single digit percentage claiming they're conservative. Rosenstiel has asserted that it's a problem for the integrity of journalism. How's that reconcile with your bash righties mantra.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim, Fox doesn't pretend to be anything other than an arm of the Republican Party. There's nothing wrong and much to commend for it but if its principal commentator Rush Limbaugh is declared spokesman for the Republican Party

Rush Limbaugh is not a Fox commentator. Ailes tried to get him aboard, but Limbaugh refused.

Your continuing use of Wikipedia as a reference is laughable.

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

What is he---a newsman? Limbaugh sells opinion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What is he---a newsman? Limbaugh sells opinion.

Absolutely, but there was a bit more extrapolation earlier. He's also gone over with a fine tooth comb every minute of every day. He may chose the facts that he expresses on HIS program, but the degree of 'fact checking' on him goes well beyond ole wiki.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Limbaugh is not a commentator as you stated, nor is he a newsman and I doubt that anyone here has ever infererred that he was. He has no affiliation with Fox as you seem to believe.

He is documented to be almost always right 99.7% of the time, and is in the number one spot of talk radio lists, so his message must resonate with someone.

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
What cost Mitt Romney the election is taking his foot off the neck of the serpent

Exactly how I saw it

Sidelock
Sidelock

Your memory seems to be as bad as mine, Craig. I've explained numerous times how media works, separation of opinion and news columns, and what I've seen of the social bent of practitioners.

Most journalists are inclined to liberal values. I don't know why although I suspect it's the espoused inequality and unwarranted influence of the few that they see every day. Even coming in stone-cold they learn quickly who's giving commoners the middle-finger.

Our Tea Party Triumvirate would be welcomed in news rooms with affectionate cynicism as long as it kept its opinions out of its reporting. It wouldn't last five minutes if it irritated readers with its ideology.

The liberal proclivity in journalism reflects societal trends, I think. As James said accurately earlier, the nanny culture is winning. Look at larger population centres disengaged from the old verities. Note residence of red and blue votes.

I don't know if reporting history on the fly---anti-gun, anti-this-and-that hinging on detachment from an older way---is as much a problem of integrity in journalism as a needed reflection of what we've become.

Last edited by King Brown; 11/11/14 10:59 AM.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.