May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (battle, jake van dyke, R. Glenz, buckstix, 1 invisible), 196 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,700
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tom, You should try to go see Michaels collection one more time before it is spread across all four corners off the earth.Truly amazing to see so many custom 03s in one room..... If you do, dont pass by a Harvey Rogers!!!!One of my favorites!
As for Michael I would say something Neidner/Shelhamer or a shotgun from Schaefer of Boston. Dan.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tom,

Here is the list of what Michael intended to keep when he knew he had to start selling his collection. Somewhere among them would be his ultimate one "keeper"!

I suspect Dan has it right, either a Neidner/Shelhamer rifle or a Schaefer gun.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=381779&page=3

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dennis Daigger
Unless I'm mistaken, the Lot 258 Wundhammer is a project gun created by Michael for a Wundhammer stock that he had and is chronicled at:
http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9411043/m/971104608/p/1

There is a similar situation with Lot 257, "Custom 1903 Springfield Magazine Sporting Rifle By Alois Koshollek". This rifle started out as a stock Michael aquired and at first thought it might be made by Emil Koshollek.

It was discussed HERE

I don't know if Amoskeg meant for it to sound like Emil worked on the rifle being auctioned off, but when I read the description it sure sounds that way to me. I know Michael was concerned that rifles he put together would be mistaken for originals and it looks like he had valid concerns.

At any rate I will be curious to see what it sells for. I'd love to have it but I dislike bidding over the phone on live auctions.

The remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable all 'round rifle. - Seymour Griffin wink

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank for posting that Terry - very interesting. I'm embarrassed to so say that I missed that post, deer season has taken over my interest and most of my spare time.

Does anyone know if Michael specified that his guns sell in one auction? Seems to me prices would be better for his estate if they were spread out over several auctions.

-Tom

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Does anyone know if Michael specified that his guns sell in one auction? Seems to me prices would be better for his estate if they were spread out over several auctions."

I have often wondered about that myself, some collections-like the Stretch Kennedy one,must be spread out over several but with the Petrov one and others that size-and focused,there may be a case that bringing all the buyers to one auction might well create higher bids-you don't get lot 25 so you bid higher on lot 50 for instance.
Amoskeag has done a great job on the larger catalog and I think the 2 day-his first will work out well.
I have seen them have "feeding frenzy" buyers when a large collection of Savage 99's or others again focused ones have gone in one auction.Lets hope it does so for this one.

Not sure how we could prove it one way or the other but it is a good question.
Good luck with the deer hunting Tom,wind blew me out of the woods this morning,will rest up for the 2 days in my "auction stand" now and back at it next week.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Does anyone know if Michael specified that his guns sell in one auction?"

I think the fact that Michael had produced a list of "keepers" implies he planned to sell about 2/3 of his collection and hold back the "keepers" to a later date. His untimely death,of course,changed that.

I, too, hope having the whole collection at once is not "too much of a good thing", but a few more days will tell us the answer to that. I suppose we can judge by the percentage of the rifles that sell below,with-in or above estimate as a determiner of whether there were too many at once.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What happened to the Hoffman falling block .22 LR target rifle? I did not see it listed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael sold that rifle a few years ago.

John

Sidelock
Sidelock

A post-war pre-model S&W 357 Mag went for some $26,000+ at Amoskeag, estimate 4-6,000. Rumor has it MPs stuff is not setting records??

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hope some of the members here, picked up a few of these rifles today. I was surprised that many did not pull the prices that I thought they would and seemed to be really good deals. But then I was interested in some of the custom guns by Niedner that I thought would bring more money. Doc Baker's (my favorite) double set trigger Borchardt with the cocking knob only brought $3250. Many of the custom 03's didn't bring near as much either.. You can go to the Proxibid website and see the posted prices.

Last edited by Bob Saathoff; 11/22/14 06:30 PM.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.