May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Argo44, cpa, Joe Wood, 1 invisible), 805 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,507
Posts545,625
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Brian #393428 02/09/15 12:19 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

For my $0.02 I will say this seller is an idiot.

I have had a lot of online and long-distance firearms transactions. Most of them have been smooth with no issues.

There have been times when I have been disappointed, but the problem was a difference of opinion or expectation. I fully expect to bear shipping costs under those circumstances, and I am glad to have the right of return.

On a few occasions I have faced a problem similar to the original post. Two come readily to mind. One was the purchase of a S&W K-22 Masterpiece (pre-17) on GunBroker. The revolver arrived, and I immediately noticed its barrel had a ring inside about an inch behind the muzzle. I called the seller, had a very civil and constructive conversation. This seller insisted on refunding the full price and the shipping.

The other was the purchase of a WW2 "U.S. Property" Colt 1911A1 from an online advertisement. It was represented as entirely correct, but upon arrival it was a Colt slide on an Ithaca frame. This seller refunded the full price and all shipping.

I would happily do business with either seller again. I don't think the original poster will do business with Shooters Investments of Raleigh, NC again. That's no way to build a business. I suspect a lot of members here would shy away from this seller after reading this thread. I would.

Curl

Brian #393433 02/09/15 12:51 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed's policy says "I know what I'm selling, I expect you to know what your buying"...all done with pics n written description, only by mail...he wont let you see the gun in person..if Ed makes a "Gross Error" in his description, he might take it back...but I guess Ed decides the Gross factor,lol
franc

Brian #393443 02/09/15 01:36 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

tud:

as i am currently closed for business until april, i see no point in discussing my future return policy.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #393457 02/09/15 02:29 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

You should close for good Eddy,
then you can go put your full attention and time into the Bloomberg for president campaign like you want to!

Hillary For Prison 2018
Brian #393460 02/09/15 02:41 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

dave k: what you seem to be missing here and elsewhere is the fact that right now the only viable, proven big time election winners we have to consider for our next pres are cuomo and bloomberg...and even bloomberg is too old...

so who does that leave us with?

ah ax again: who can beat coumo?

Brian #393461 02/09/15 02:46 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

otte; one of the joys of running ones own business is the ability to control how and with whom one deals with...

and as my published, 99% + positive feedback rating on gunbroker, apparently means nothing to you, i doubt if you and i will ever do business...which, most likely is a good thing.

america, what a wonderful country!

Last edited by ed good; 02/09/15 02:52 PM.

Brian #393549 02/09/15 09:01 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm with Curl . Ingrety means a lot to me on internet sale because all you have is someguys discription ... I like it when I call my buddy....expert on this site and he says your money is safe...that's my biggest fear. This dealer is stupid if you ask me.

Free opinion

monty
Brian #393557 02/09/15 09:31 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Like others I have crossed this dealer off my list of those to deal with. One other dealer, who sells nothing but pristine, factory original, high condition guns needs to be taken with a very large grain of salt.

Several years ago I saw, on line, a Fox 20 AE for sale. It was listed as high condition, factory original, 95% case color gun with 28" barrels. At first glance it looked like a superb example of all that I wanted. I was interested at once and started looking at the picture in enlarged size on my computer.

Then the serial number hit me. I use to own that gun. But when I sold it, to the same dealer, it sported 26" barrels that were pitted, top rib loose, case color gone. The metal was clean but with very little finish. A decent gun, but one that was more of a project than anything else. I never lettered the gun so I do not know if it started out with 28" barrels or 26" but when I owned it they were 26".

When I called about the gun the conversation started to dry up after I asked if this was the same gun I had sold to him. Then I asked of he wanted the before pictures as I was sure I had them still he hung up. The gun sold quickly, I am sure, and the owner is happy with his factory original, high condition, rare Fox 20 AE. But that dealer is another one who I would not buy from or even believe him if he said water is wet. It might be in it's solid state and be cold and hard.

Brian #393570 02/09/15 10:02 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

ky: if you did not know the history of this gun, would you have bought it?

sometimes it is better to believe in santa claus, rather than not?

think of the joy you lost by not owning an "original, high condition, rare fox 20 ae"?

Brian #393577 02/09/15 11:37 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Ed here is the flip side. What if I bought the gun and had it lettered only to find out my factory original gun came with a 26" barrel? How did they grow to 28"? When you place 75% premium on price, based on factory original gun with high condition, which the seller was doing, you better be selling the real thing. And that seller knew he was not. It was fraud plain and simple. But I still have the photos, both before and after saved just in case. I have seen this dealer mention only once or twice on this board and he has never advertised on this site. So he has no connection to this board.

Was the gun worth the price? A gun is always worth what the buyer is willing to pay, as long as he is getting what he paid for. This gun should have been sold as a nice "reconditioned" gun not a closet queen. Listed that way and sold of the same amount and I would have no problem with it at all. I know now who did the work and I am sure it was done well. So well that most here would never pickup on the job. If not for the fact I had owned the gun I would have not picked up on it but I had and I did. The dealer hung up when I questioned him about it.

To give the devil his due, you do describe work you have had done on your stock, even if others here so not like what or how it was done. To the best of my knowledge you do not try to pass off upgrades or reconditioned guns as high condition factory originals.

So Santa Clause aside, I do not think a fraud or theft by deception is something I would have liked. Think about how mad the buyer would be if we crossed paths and I told him and showed him he got screwed. Showed him the before and the after pictures. For that reason I will not let out the serial number of that gun or name the dealer. And I suspect that no claim could be made after this long but there I could be wrong. Sometimes statues of limitations start after the fraud is discovered in some locations. Still I have not intention of raining on someones parade. Let him enjoy his gun.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.