April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (GETTEMANS), 179 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,441
Posts544,760
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
craigd #408139 06/24/15 11:28 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
....There are still repercussions of that institution borne by the black race today.I perceive a vast sense of general guilt in the American people today. That guilt is made easier to bare by scapegoating it on to an object like the rebel flag and by extension....

Okay, I'll bite, what repercussions are being borne today. I like that 'by extension' part. Are you a reparations kind of guy. Would that contractually clear the guilt.
I sense a monstrous couldn't care less by the American people today, tempered by the devastation of getting saddled with a pc label.

Come on Craig, you are one of the smart guys. You know as well as I do that slavery, Jim Crow, and maybe worst of all the creation of what may be a permanent black underclass by the liberal political machine of the 20th century is all interconnected. The repercussions are black poverty, loss of the sense of self worth pervading the entire race, and the disintegration of the black family.

Reparations? Why no, actually. Far as I know I descend from a long line of southern po' white trash. I'm pretty sure I'm not guilty of any connection with the institution of slavery. If I am it is so far in the past that I feel no personal guilt over it and do not consider anything necessary to "clear the guilt". My point is that 150 years ago was a different time and we as Americans were a much different people. This country needs to accept that and get over it.

However, do you seriously think that we are not all paying reparations everyday? Of course we are, in the form of the welfare state, healthcare, and the very pc you are so devastated by being saddled with (your words).

That pc is the genesis of the sense of general guilt I refer to. Attacking the confederate flag, Southern heritage and the South in general is certainly not going to assuage that general guilt. That guilt elected President Obama twice and may carry over to elect another liberal commander in chief if we fail to recognize the problem and face it...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Quote:
I perceive a vast sense of general guilt in the American people today.

Slavery was wrong and the legacy is sad in many ways, but I do not feel a speck of personal guilt. My ancestors were still in Europe until they started coming through Ellis Island around 1885. Yes, there are serious problems. No, I did not cause them. But you and I are paying for them, and will undoubtedly pay more in the future.

Yep...Geo

ed good #408144 06/25/15 12:54 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"However, do you seriously think that we are not all paying reparations everyday? Of course we are, in the form of the welfare state, healthcare, and the very pc you are so devastated by being saddled with (your words)."

We've paid out trillions in "reparations" under Libtards programs like the "Great Society" started by Johnson and they still want more??
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
ed good #408145 06/25/15 12:56 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't buy it, hook line and sinker, but I might buy some of it. Post slavery, dems are easily the party that legislated racism and can be linked to the lynching mentality. They fabricated the guilt just like they fabricated their makeover. I don't see the guilt you're gripped by having any direct link to slavery.

Sidelock
Sidelock

jOe, I don't see it that simply. Slavery was an evil institution, not just as viewed from our modern day sensibilities,but evil in itself. There are still repercussions of that institution borne by the black race today.

No one in the South today has ever owned a slave, and no black man in America today has ever been a slave. No one anywhere in America that I am aware of would defend the institution today. No one anywhere owns slaves anymore with the possible exception of thug pimps or Arab sheikhs.

Geo, you're forgetting a couple important points. First off, let's not forget that it was mainly African blacks who captured other blacks and sold them into slavery here and in other parts of the world. And there were free blacks in the United States who were owners of black slaves. (reference, pg.454, "A History of the American People", Carmen Syrett, and Wishy. But all of the blame falls upon whites, and as you have told us, Southern white men are piled upon even more so. I'm pretty sick of it, and it must be even more sickening to you knowing that your great granddaddy did not own Tara.

Then there is this: http://www.polarisproject.org/

According to sources like this, there are more human slaves in the world now than at any other time in history. The number is now estimated to be 20.9 million people. Human trafficking, particularly in the sex trade is even prevalent in the United States, and a good percentage of the people enslaving others are black pimps who use threats, violent coercion, and addictive drugs to enslave other humans. King Brown has been too mired down in what happened in Alabama 60 years ago to even acknowledge this.

Ed Good is lucky. No one would want him as a slave because he isn't smart enough to pick cotton.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith #408165 06/25/15 07:53 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I heard some where there was almost as many white slaves in the south as they were blacks ?

craigd #408166 06/25/15 08:03 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
I don't buy it, hook line and sinker, but I might buy some of it.

I think I might have a new friend...Geo

ed good #408173 06/25/15 09:13 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is what you get when you have a Democrat in the White House.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Quote:
I perceive a vast sense of general guilt in the American people today.

Slavery was wrong and the legacy is sad in many ways, but I do not feel a speck of personal guilt. My ancestors were still in Europe until they started coming through Ellis Island around 1885. Yes, there are serious problems. No, I did not cause them. But you and I are paying for them, and will undoubtedly pay more in the future.

Yep...Geo

I am only half guilty.

Both of my paternal great-grandfathers fought in the Army of Northern Aggression. My maternal great-grandfathers fought in the Army of the Rebellion.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, aside from members' apologia for US slavery above, I don't think guilt should be an issue on either side because later generations learned from it and made amends and are continuing to do so. A casual observer of your posts would recognize that you're not half guilty.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.