March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jeremy Pearce, ksauers1, Lloyd3, jcn, 1 invisible), 880 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,017
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 27 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
I short-cutted my endorsement of RyanF's post....

....I believe I see daily now is the result of a change of tactic by the left that started 40 years ago (roughly). Change the game! Can't win? Change the game.

Society isn't "advancing". It has been being changed by a small minority with a specific agenda and a road map....

Part of what I don't agree with was the other half of the post. He seems to feel that dems are being alienated by the truckload. I think the agenda folks know what buttons to push so lefty followers know which guilt feelings they need to accept. Their price to pay to feel good about themselves, regardless of the means or results.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yellowcake. I remember that. Never understood how Colin Powel excaped blame. He’s the guy who lied to the UN. Well, he’s got the Blackshield. Anyway…

All wars start with cooked intelligence. What do you expect? Libya under Kaddafi, Egypt under Mubarak, Syria under Assad, Iraq under Saddam, and Ukraine under whoever, would all be better off–both for us and for their own people–if we had not unleashed anarchy in the name of freedom and liberation. Bush and Obama are equally responsible. Bush owns Iraq. Obama owns ISIS.

Any real centrist should admit they are both worthless fuckers.

Last edited by RyanF; 10/23/15 01:34 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I remember watching Powell's live un testimony. I don't think it was about 'yellowcake'. It was titled something like 'Iraq's Failure to Disarm'.

The main jist of his comments were about captured mobile bio agent labs. Overall there was more testimony about chemical and biological warfare agent, and most of the nuclear comments were about centrifuges and development of delivery systems.

Most of the evidence from on the ground was from un inspectors, not C.Rove or Bush. The un resolution was based on wmd evidence not 'yellowcake'. Again, it was a un resolution, not a US resolution. Maybe, the media gravitated towards little buzzwords that stuck?

I don't think powell's post Bush years were all about smoking gun revelations, just plain ole race stirring.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Colin Powell's testimony was a separate piece of fudged intelligence. He went to the UN and presented what he was instructed to say. It was a piece of stupid nonsense, but he is a loyal military servant of the state following the orders he was given. The yellowcake scandal has to do with faulty intelligence that the CIA told Bush was nor reliable, but he chose to treat it as if it were. That is called fudging intelligence.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
but he is a loyal military servant of the state following the orders he was given.

This is exactly what I don’t understand. Why does he get the benefit of the doubt? And if what you’re saying is true, it and even worse condemnation of him.

I do agree with the rest of your statement. Powel used the yellowcake hoax to mollify congressional Dem’s. He told the UN a different fairy tale (with a lot of help from the Brits). People forget the Brits were full of shit on Iraq too. Seymour Hersh concluded MI6 was the source of the fakery. Either way team Bush should have known better.

Last edited by RyanF; 10/23/15 04:12 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I don't mean he gets the benefit of the doubt. He was Secretary of State. He worked for the Bush administration. His job was to present the administration's foreign policy to the world. I suspect he did that to his undying regret. Aside from this episode, I think his career deserves our respect.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 10/23/15 04:56 PM. Reason: correction

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Colin Powell's testimony was a separate piece of fudged intelligence. He went to the UN and presented what he was instructed to say. It was a piece of stupid nonsense, but he is a loyal military servant of the state following the orders he was given. The yellowcake scandal has to do with faulty intelligence that the CIA told Bush was nor reliable, but he chose to treat it as if it were. That is called fudging intelligence.

Thanks Bill, for ignoring my point. If you get a moment, do a quick scan through the transcripts of Powell's un testimony. It's about the iraqi failure to disarm. They could've meant rocks and spears if a case could've been made.

Isn't the yellowcake 'scandal' a dem talking point. Let me repeat for emphasis. The 'evidence' was from un inspectors, with a bunch of satellite and spy plane images from the US. Please explain why you confuse a un resolution with US policy at the time? Did the US deceive the left wing un and all the forty something other countries too?

I get it, you're an anti war pacifist. Bet you're voting for hill, eh. Ryan pointed out she's sort of the 'owner' of that disastrous quagmire of a libyan regime change. I am not defending policy, but I believe you're trying to peddle left wing talking points as fact.

See if King will help out here. The un did their thing, are you saying you didn't like the sales pitch? Don't politicians play the punks game, rightfully and knowingly so? How come bhusein or hill can't be trusted with any assurance other than the comfortable feeling that libs get?

Back to your yellowcake. Did Bush, Powell or any of their buddies take a scoop of the stuff, scatter it around some iraqi warehouse, and tell some un lackey, wink, wink, why don't you check over there? Did you know there is a huge war in the US at this very moment, on women? Did you know that all cops in the US are at war with all blacks, except Doc Carson, as we type? Where's the evidence, and why do you feel good about some wars and not others?

Sidelock
Sidelock

....I think his career deserves our respect.

I used to respect the military rank that he attained and his service to the country. As mentioned a bit ago, after his sec-o-state service, he's become a race pot stirrer in a stately sort of way. I could only imagine how many lives and careers he held decision over, and how tainted it was by agenda. He should've stepped down if there was the risk of not being objective for the soldier.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think Obama’s learned a lot form Bush and Company. O certainly twisted the truth when he was trying to get congress to authorize military action in Syria but, for the most part he just bombs and doesn’t seek congressional or UN approval. This cuts down the requisite fraudulence.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I do not believe Americans or the English services fudged or forged intel info. There is only one country that would really benefit from Hussain being gone. Their wish is for USA to intervene in Iran to invade that country and generate chaos like we have in Iraq, Syria and Libya. I'm not saying that info came from there, but that would be first place to start looking for the truth.

Page 16 of 27 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.