April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Bob Jurewicz), 277 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,044
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#429781 12/20/15 11:18 AM
JNW Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I know the Superposed came with several different double trigger mechanisms early in its production. Has anyone every seen a Citori with double triggers? I am calling Midwest Gun Works to ask about this tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone had any information about this. I am considering getting a Browning Gran Lightning 16 gauge and thought that double triggers would make it extra special. Yes, I know this is a silly idea that will cost too much money, but it would be so cool! It would also do away with the silly Browning barrel selector.
Thanks,
Jeff

"We are men of action. Lies do not become us."
Wesley
Sidelock
Sidelock

This comment could be irrelevant, but I recently bought a Winchester 101 Supergrade (Made in japan) with double triggers.
The front one function like a non selective single trigger (first pull discharges under barrel, second pull the upper) and the rear trigger only discharges the upper barrel.
I do not know if the same factory in Japan produces both, Winchester 101 and Browning Citori.

Regards,

Jose M. Fernandez
Sidelock
Sidelock

A lot of guns we only see in single triggers are sold with two triggers in Europe. But all the citoris I seen have one non mechanical trigger. I've owned several Brownings with two triggers. I like the single double triggers but they must have been a problem as many guns that came with them were converted by browning. Maybe parts dried up and they were converted due to lack of parts.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, saw several over the years, most recently last week.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have never seen or heard of a Citori with double triggers, but I have a few Belgian Brownings with double triggers and "double single" triggers. I would be very interested in a double trigger Citori in a field smallbore configuration. Is the gun that shotgunlover saw last week a Citori or a Belgian Browning?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have never seen a double trigger Citori. Let us know if you find one. Years ago I owned a double trigger 101. As I remember they made a special run of 500 guns with double triggers.
I have had several superposeds with double triggers. The Browning guns never had double triggers as production guns after the war, but the custom shop has made some for US sale after the superposed stopped being a production gun. FN has always sold the superposed in the rest of the world with double triggers, and they sometimes come up for sale here. The few I have seen did not seem to command a premium price.
The prewar superposeds came with both double triggers and twin single triggers. I have owned several of both. The twin single triggers can be troublesome, and difficult to fix. Browning will not repair them, and I understand that as early as the 50's they simply converted them to single triggers. I was originally enamored by them, but after using them for a while I found I did not particularly care for them in that they did not provide any advantage to me over double triggers.
None of this helps if you want a 16 because the superposed was not made in a 16. I read in the Caesar Guerini catalogue that they offer double triggers as an option. Maybe a Guerini? The cost would probably be less than converting a Citori.

JNW Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the comments. Both Midwest and Art's say they've never seen one and the Superposed parts won't fit. The guy at Art's thought it was a great idea. Doable, but $1000 to $1500. Too bad, they would sell some here. Ceasar doesn't make a 16 gauge. B Rizzini does, but well over $30000. So much for that brilliant idea.
Regards,
Jeff

Wesley
Sidelock
Sidelock

JNW - I can't tell from your two posts whether you're a Browning Citori fan and want one in 16GA with double triggers ONLY or if you're open to other suggestions. If you are a long-gone Browning Superposed fan, I understand FN Liege will make you one in 16GA, but be sure to be sitting down when you get the price quote. For the amount of money involved, maybe FN would even install double triggers. My comments which follow also tie into other poster's comments and are offered FWIW.
From the flavour of the other responses, you're in for rough sledding getting or altering a 16GA Citori to the double trigger configuration. The FAIR I ordered summer AD2002 from Brian Dwyer/Gunmart Brockville Ontario (now deceased) came in as requested in 16GA, English hand, double triggers, and slightly longer LOP and barrels than listed. Also standard was a slight cast-off for a right-handed shooter, nice Turkish walnut, and a blue plastic combination locked carrying case with four or five choke tubes. Your local dealer might be able to "special order" such a piece for you, and he might not. For MY special order 16GA I paid the normal price the same as what he had in stock on his shelf. You don't even get a NO, without asking.
I don't know for a fact, but suspect Isodoro Rizzini (aka F.A.I.R.) supplies barreled actions for his brother B(atista) Rizzini and for Caesar Guerini, and likely others too.
I ran afoul of the late Michael McIntosh's 16 and 28GA silver tongue, and ended up with FAIRs in 28GA (first) off the shelf, and then 16GA ordered in.
I completely sympathize with "double triggers", and with the English hand I enjoy an inward "Kodak moment" just holding it.
Hope this helps.

JNW Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ian,
Thanks for your response. B. Rizzini will make one with a solid rib and 2 triggers to my dimensions for somewhere between $3500 and $4000. A lot of gun and just what I want, but I thought if a trigger conversion for a Citori was around $500 I could get away with it for just over half that. Just thought with a zillion Citoris in the world someone would have done this before. I guess wanting two triggers for an o/u places me in the minority. Does anyone still import FAIR guns into the US?
Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by JNW; 12/22/15 09:55 AM.

Wesley
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had my 20ga beretta 686 Onyx converted to double triggers by Cole in Maine for $300. However I've heard from others that they no longer offer the service. Scarcity of parts or something. Might be worth checking...Geo

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.