April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Marks_21), 185 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,044
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

Shoot in the sky-- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds- actually, 'Chute in the sky" was Da Jimsters original spelling- He did 2.5 years in the 82nd AB- but broke his ankles in a bad drop landing-and got a Medical Discharge for that--RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Because- The common "clickety-clack ptr 1950 Model 12's in my stable are my "go to money guns" The side-by-sides: LC Smiths, Parkers and one AH Fox 20 Sterly-- well, as in golf, you drive for show, but you putt for the dough--All 11 of those "Perfect Repeaters" show "wear with care" except the 28 gauge--abd I shot shit-birdies in dairy and beef cattle venues- so if I slip on some shit and take a slip and fall- better with a field grade Model 12 than my Eagle Grade Smith- and yes, I always check the muzzle(s) and open the gun du jour to verify no mud or cowshit has plugged the barrel(s) prior to shooting again. Also, most of the gents that watch me shoot "off seasoN" wear Big Smiths, Carhartts or Dickies, Georgia boots and feed and seed store baseball caps- use Red Man or Copenhagen, and would wonder, perhaps, at a serious senior bird shooter like yours truly, dressed pretty much the same, totin' a fancy-schmancy shotty gun like that Eagle Grade-or even the Ideal Grade LONGRANGE I just picked up from Brad B. today- to them, a fine shotgun is a Winchester Model 1897, or a Iver Johnson Champion- 12 gauge and you can bet your ass- 30" full choked--

Sidelock
Sidelock

Okay, Fox, it's just that you seem more than a meat-and-potatoes man to me. Utilitarian, you're not, There's something else going on here.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

jimi was in the 101

Sidelock
Sidelock

Could be- I was in the USMC- never got the urge to waste a perfectly good airplane ride by jumping out and trusting my USMC ass to a static line. I heard it happened at Fort Bragg- that's the 82nd. A/B-- Fort Campbell would be the 101st A/B. Too late to ask Jimmi-and and Janis and Jim Morrison all "bit the dust" too soon. Come on Baby, light my fire (or faar-if Skynrd was doing a cover of that great song- and LA Woman- city of lights--great.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bouef Borgignone au fond, with Handel's Wasser Musik and a fine Petrus- while wearing my Levis and LL Bean shirt- c'est la vie, mon ami!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was a member of the 16ga.com board long before this board. I have enjoyed them both.

I hunt and target shoot with a 16 ga SLE, I only own the other gauges because of inheritance, or the engraving matched my primary 16.

All gauges have their uses and places, my favoring 16 is a matter of taste not an inherent superiority of one gauge over all others. Às much as I hate to admit this when when advising younger hunters I point them to medium weight 12 ga as a starter gun.

Save the 16 for when the uplands have hooked you

Last edited by old colonel; 04/01/16 10:55 PM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last time we hunted in MT- near Billings- all of us hunting the Bow River "Cast and Blast" were using 12 gauge-repeaters-before steel shot and I was using Fed. Premium No 5 for ducks and pheasants- heavy gusty wind- a wild flush, an incomer and the older Model 12 did its magic- that bird folded up like a cheap cardboard suitcase in a hailstorm-- of course, that perhaps begs the question- is there such a thing as an expensive (Armania-Gucci-Ralph Lauren cardboard suitcase??

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.