Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20
Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew never gets into the political. Just goes to show how politically sensitive some become at the mention of a politician talking about citizenship and good manners.

Everyone here knows the positions of presidential aspirants on the Second, and Dave has made a special place for members to contribute their comments.

Dave's adjustments made the board what it was intended to be: definitely not a forum to promote one party or another in a presidential election or any other.

We shouldn't kid ourselves of civil comment in a political thread. Dave's pleading and others complaining and cajoling can't stop Mike and Joe from fouling mundane threads.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And YOU, King..............

Sidelock
Sidelock

+1 for Researcher and Last Dollar for Drew's post. The rest just don't get Drew's point.

Last edited by Walter C. Snyder; 05/06/16 08:19 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

We all sin. Dave has set it up to make us be good. It's a great improvement. Tap DoubleGun now and that's what we get, all about our guns and shooting---not a zoo.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm impressed- actually, old Tricky Dick Nixon was fond of quoting Teddy-and we all know that he lied to the American public when he reported on National Network News that our troops (I was one of them) were NOT in Laos or Cambodia. That crook probably thought the Ho Chi Min trail was like the 1-95 Beltway in Disneyland on the Potomac. My comments on Tom's FUBAR with a known fact of World History are a reflection on the economics of the publishing world- too cheap to hire proofreaders who would have caught that error. When you pay the kind of money the DGJ charges per issue, you should get an error free issue for your money. It is not a slur against his fine credentials as a major "L.C. Smithian"-just an observation that the most expensive per issue shotgun related magazine works without proofreading. Tom knows LC Smiths as well as anyone and is a first-rate writer to boot. Most surviving snipers, and I fall into that category (long ago it seems) pay scrupulous attention to ALL details- part of survival in a ever growing more hostile world, I guess.

As far as the Trumpster and Teddy- no comparison. Both from wealthy NYC families, but Teddy had battle field leadership- all Trump knows is how to say "You're Fired"-- But as he is a better choice for gun owners than Die Uber *&^%^ Billary, he will get my vote, unless Charlton Heston comes back to life under a much needed miracle--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

You leave Charlton where he is.
It is his reward.
O.M

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Walter C. Snyder
+1 for Researcher and Last Dollar for Drew's post. The rest just don't get Drew's point.

Walt, kudos to you and Doc Drew. Did you notice the two folks that get his point are in a way similar to many of us others? We have an opinion, but lack-o-cojones. Hope as we might, this may not be the day and age of the firm handshake and code of honor. It means near everything to me, but truthfully only in a smallish circle.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ithaca1
Originally Posted By: treblig1958
I'm telling you, you better get ready to go back into those mines because if I'm elected you'll be working your asses off."

Treb,
I think it was indirecty at FWTR.

That Trump quote is the best line of the campaign yet.

Oh, I didn't see that post by RWTF. My fault.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
We all sin. Dave has set it up to make us be good. It's a great improvement. Tap DoubleGun now and that's what we get, all about our guns and shooting---not a zoo.

That's seriously funny shit King... seeing the alpha male baboon complaining that political commentary turned this place into a zoo!

It's hardly mean-spirited to note that I'm an Obama supporter. I'm proud of it, apparent here as long as he's been around. He's anti-gun but has kept his legislative gun in his holster to position his party for '16.

The Court departed from the original understanding of the Second. The NRA and other groups rejected the original interpretation. Even as late as 1991, the jurist Burger appointed by Nixon said "the Second Amendment has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word 'fraud,' on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In 2008, in the District of Columbia v. Heller, what Burger said was fraud was accepted by the court. Interesting stuff.

Levin and Stevens, on this evidence, appear to believe that the Second amendment should only apply only to those who keep and bear arms while serving in the militia, and not as an individual right. Stevens goes further in his book, saying democratic processes should decide on the matter, not the judges, as a remedy for "what every American can recognize as an ongoing national tragedy."

All from a Reagan conservative and a Nixon-appointed jurist.

Now King, that was just shameful to intentionally misrepresent what Mark Levin really believes about the 2nd Amendment. Here's what the man actually has to say about it:
http://therightscoop.com/mark-levin-the-...cal-government/

....Americans choose how they want to live, accept mass murder, mass school executions, mass incarceration (suddenly recognized as wrong). As much as they dislike it, little is done about it. Democracies make choices but few modern countries are as burdened in solving these societal problems as the US with three centuries of a ruinous race legacy.

The Second is what originalists and others want it to be, the former seeing any variances as infringements. So it goes and ever will be. It is not inviolable and inalienable as some members want all of us to believe.

Democracies make choices. Americans accept mass murder to defend an individual right to bear arms in the name of personal freedom.

Do you really think we accept mass murder??? That's disgusting! And what do we make of an atheist such as yourself invoking the name of Jesus to try to make us feel guilty about protecting our Constitutional Rights?

The roots I'm comfortable with are the radical---"to get to the root of"---and that's Jesus's teaching. The shame is how far the Christian community has drifted from it. We act irrationally from fear when the Christian message is to fear not, even death itself.We call ourselves Christian nations and stockpile ammunition, need concealed carry to protect ourselves and a regulated militia without regulations to protect us from our own governments, abandoning Jesus's teaching to defend it.

And who could forget this statement which you repeated so many times, even after being shown United Nations statistics on murder rates around the world which proved you were absolutely incorrect?

Misfires seems near unanimous that there's no correlation between the number of guns and surpassing US gun violence, and that more guns lowers a homicide rate experienced nowhere else in the developed world.

I believe there is a connection---as most liberals do--- and that those conservative and liberal countries with exceedingly lower rates are a result of their democratically chosen, more-onerous, freedom-restricting regulations, common-sense or not.

I commented earlier on the cultural differences between the US and other countries in this respect, including how differently the US and Canada developed. Why do Americans dismiss the graphs and statistics?

So King, who is it that insisted upon dismissing graphs and statistics in order to advance his Anti-2nd Amendment agenda? In my opinion, the little feud between Mike and jOe is nothing compared to this disgusting anti-gun rhetoric. What right do you have to demonize them?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Boxlock
Boxlock

From the beginning there has always been evil in this world and always will be.To recognize and avoid it is the key.When that's not possible,everyone should be able to defend and protect themselves,family,and innocents.Criminals,mass shooters and other malcontents will always find a weapon,gun,knife,baseball bat,or a bomb. The Founding Fathers of this country understood this.Hence we have the 2nd Amendment,leave it alone.Freedom is not free,as they well knew.

Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.