April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Marks_21, Lloyd3, Chad Linder, eightbore, 2 invisible), 196 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,462
Posts545,019
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent, my argument has come under the broad heading of science.
Science can serve up most anything depending on activist agendas.
Science on demand.
State wildlife biologists are not immune to this!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne
Brent, my argument has come under the broad heading of science.
Science can serve up most anything depending on activist agendas.
Science on demand.
State wildlife biologists are not immune to this.

Lowell,
I guess you are correct. Science said/says the world is round because that was more convenient for the explorers. Science said/says microbes cause disease, which can occasionally be cured, because doctors need to make a living. Science said/says electricity can power things because it makes big bucks for power companies. Its all politically motivated. Screw science. There really ain't no such thing as a scientific fact. We can believe whatever we want. Those guys in the white coats are just a pesky nuisance. No sense in changing anything because those meddlesome activists think that they "proved" some "cause and effect" with their agenda motivated "experiments." Jake

Last edited by Jakearoo; 06/23/07 08:48 PM.

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net

The mantra of the junk science is now we "estimated" The 1988 report, I can see why you would not want to go there Brent. They had the affront to talk about the reduction of lead in waterfowl blood levels due to the elimination of lead in gasoline.

That by the way was from the link you provided, thank you Brent.

How did you shoot today?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just curious, but have the "scientist" done any studies of the effects of lead on migrating waterfowl & doves in Central & South America?? How have the so called negative effects of lead damaged these birds? They (the fowl) appear to be reproducing in record numbers and hunting with lead has been going on there for a long long time. Most of these fields, marshes and lakes that these birds are shot at see thousands upon thousands of more "lead" than probably any field in north America, due to the volume of shooting of course. Just food for thought.

Dustin

We are not talking BS metaphysics here, we are talking about folks that are suppose to use the "Scientific Method".

I find this to be much like junk law. You know where in decisions are reached in a court of law based on a previous bad decision?

Bad science, that now, has a record as being passable due to the test of time.

Has Brent given us the data from tests he has personally run?

Where was the other people doing these test from say DU?

In the same areas from birds from the same flyways.

Brent, you don't have to worry about the future of waterfowl hunting in America. It's nearly dead. At 3.50 per shell plus the costs of stamps, gear. It is just about dead.

That by the way is what every state in the Union, that has waterfowl has been reporting for years, a continual decline.

Of course we can fly south and shoot without limits and use lead.

It has become a sport for the rich. Are we proud yet?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thats why we get second opinions Jakearoo!
...and things like the 9th Circuit Court demand it.

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 06/23/07 09:44 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm sure that there are some, who'd like to see a whole host of things nixed by the men in white coats with butterfly nets.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Get up the scratch and fly to South America and shoot all the ducks you want with all the lead shells you can afford...Geo

With the advent of new, exotic shot materials like Bismuth, Hevi-Shot, etc. it is not an issue of whether non-toxics should be used. The issue here gentlemen is the COST of said exotics. Should we not be asking our congressmen and women for SUBSIDY to pursue our sport of waterfowling?!?! Aren't we already paying an additional tax on our ammunition to assist in the conservation effort? How much more should we have to pay to "save the environment"? Should we not receive help from our government to keep our sport alive? Or must we burden ourselves with the cost alone?

I know it probably won't happen, but you never know....I'm not used to asking the gov't anything. But when you ask for money, and they don't provide it, then you can point the finger back at them saying, "We tried, and you did not help." And I say finger pointing, becuase the lead vs. non-tox is really just a bunch of finger pointing. I don't want any wild animal to suffer any lead (or any other man-made) poisoning. However, when I can field hunt a turkey with lead #4 but cannot raise the muzzle of said gun in that same field against a goose or duck without changing shells to a non-tox load shows there is a bit of hypocrisy in the current regulations.

But first things first, no unfunded mandates for non-toxic shot. The "party line" should be subsidize or shut-up to the gov't. My infation-adjusted $0.02.

Mike Doerner

Last edited by I. Flues; 06/24/07 08:51 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've the scratch ol'Geo., but it doesn't go for anything south of our border si!
Wait till notox hits the southern dove shooters(its a southern thing anyway)!
Talk about expensive, what's the average on shells spent for birds shot?
...and what about the 28g. plantation quail hunter's new cost?

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 06/24/07 09:56 AM.
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.