March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,244 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 49 1 2 3 4 48 49
Sidelock
Sidelock

Demonwolf444, fantastic picture of your young dog. I would frame that picture and hang it on your wall.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tamid, I would like to know about your pocket pointer. Breed and does she or he really point and hunt?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gjw
Hi all, well, it's that time of year again to revive this thread. Most of us will be hunting doves day after tomorrow, so a new season will be kicking off.

Lets see all those great posts, pictures and stories as we have in years past.

I want to wish everyone a great and successful season and most of all a safe one!

Good Luck to all of you!

Greg

I like this thread also with one complaint, please identify the shotgun you are using or is pictured.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mother and Child

The little guy is already running in the woods.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My pocket pointer is a miniature wirehair dachshund. And yes does he hunt. At the time of purchase the breeders would only sell to customers who could prove they would hunt the dog. When the conditions are right (light crusty snow the big dogs break through or very heavy low cover) he will out do the big dogs on upland birds. He will retrieve ducks on land and water and pin down geese. Hobbes is his name and he does not point but rather flushes. He is also a Master Earth Dog. He is now 12 years old and after a couple hours fighting the terrain he needs a ride.

Last edited by Tamid; 08/31/16 11:59 PM.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
James, is the good-looking dog a Springer? From where I sit, your restocking looks great. Gil

English springer spaniel about 2 and a half years old. Named Meryn ( pronounced "heal heal heal" )

Thank you for the kind words on my restocking i have been practicing self taught these last couple of years, all my previous stocks have been not quite there; this stock is not perfection but i am really quite pleased with this one in terms of the fit, finish, style and lines.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: VictoryXC
Demonwolf444, fantastic picture of your young dog. I would frame that picture and hang it on your wall.

Not a bad idea i might just do that thankyou!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: VictoryXC

I concur. That is a real standout photo!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

There was an Irishman on the defunct snipe hunting forum who used a teckel (dachsund) in the heather seeps for snipe and woodcock. He ran an unusual combination of a lurcher and a dachsund for upland game and the dogs did the job. Gil
While on the subject of "lurcher" (long dog)Here's a rollickin' I have a long dog, I'm a poacher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_UprvTJwU0

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

off to a good start, moved a big covey of blues this morning. Trusty bird dog, new shotgun and a bit of luck put two in the bag. So happy it is "that time of year" again.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 2 of 49 1 2 3 4 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.