May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (claydog, Philbert, buckstix, KDGJ), 381 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,520
Posts545,759
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
craigd #457088 09/22/16 07:31 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
I don't see any problem with attacking someone else's posts if it's a matter of opinion. Or of debating matters of fact....

....I expect, when push comes to shove, we're all on some variation of the same side where guns are concerned. We are, however, too small a constituency to reject the "big tent" philosophy. When you're outnumbered, not a good idea to do the opposition's work and further divide ourselves so we can be more easily conquered.

Would you say that if all legal firearm owners and users were to unite under Hillary's big tent through the voting booth, that all gun control concerns would go away? If not, would you have a thought or two on how the big tent strategy works?

Craig, here's political reality: There are two big tents in our country: Republican and Democrat. Most gun owners will likely find a home in the Republican tent (although some have difficulty accepting Trump as the ringmaster). But some will end up in the other tent. Republicans ought to be happy with those that stay in the Republican tent, even if they're not totally in agreement with the majority of those in that tent. We don't want to chase anyone into the Dem tent.

As for your suggestion concerning all gun owners ending up in Hillary's tent . . . not worth addressing. We know pigs out here in Iowa, and we also know that no matter how hard you try to get them to do it, they ain't gonna fly.

DoubleTake #457091 09/22/16 07:46 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave Erickson
Keith, your chemo regimen is killing the patient. What's the point if the people you most want to influence stay away from this place? Ridiculous? Who?

Dave, the patient is slowly dying according to people like King Brown and his little brother Larry. They constantly remind us that we are a very small and unpopular minority, and that it is only a matter of time before we are legislated into extinction. So let's all huddle together while some in our group support the anti-gunners. That sort of thinking is what is ridiculous.

Apparently you agree with them that we need guys who are continually undermining us in some ridiculous big tent, all inclusive to the point of welcoming back stabbers. Meanwhile, they are giving directions to the tornado that will destroy it.

So please tell us who I am trying to influence that is staying away from this place as a result of my comments? It is a verifiable fact that this type of thread often gets way more views than those specifically dealing with doubles. Maybe you, Drew, Larry, and ClapperZapper wish to make the world safe for anti-gun trolls like King, but I happen to think they are a large part of why we are locked in a never ending battle to maintain our rights.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Drew Hause #457095 09/22/16 08:05 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm more than OK to be in the company of the guys you mention.

Drew Hause #457096 09/22/16 08:09 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

No doubt in my mind Dave.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Drew Hause #457104 09/22/16 09:35 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Fringe hasn't caught on that voters are thinking of more than guns when they vote for their representatives. It would rather besmirch that part of the electorate that doesn't think as it does, the presidency and people of colour with its birtherism, the "Kenyan," in the same way it insults our esteemed Drew as a "jerk." Blinded by its bellicosity, it continues posting my opinion of a few pages back, not realizing that's it only part of America's enduring debate to which they don't agree. Americans choose in tens of thousands of constituencies how they want to live with the Second. To say there's only one way separates the fringe from the noble American spirit.

Drew Hause #457109 09/22/16 10:22 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just like a preacher. Start a war and then go off to Honduras to do something else for the good of mankind. Bless you Dr. Drew and we'll be glad when you return...Geo

Drew Hause #457116 09/22/16 11:00 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I see the terminally dishonest King Brown is still attempting to make excuses for his anti-gun proclivities by hiding behind his faux civility. Yet, at the same time as he denigrates Jim and others by labeling them as "Fringe" elements, he obviously has no problem with his anti-gun choice for America, Hillary Clinton, labeling a large percentage of the electorate as ignorant racists, haters, homophobes, misogynists, etc., in what she calls a "Basket of Deplorables". He says it is wrong to separate closet anti-gunners like him from real gun guys, but has absolutely no problem separating his "Fringe" from the rest of America as if our opinion is the only one which is wrong. In King's last post, Jim has even been reduced to being nothing more than an "IT".

I'm assuming the "IT" he refers to is Jim, because I didn't call Drew a jerk. I called him a hypocrite for using this thread to launch a personal attack against 3 guys here when his own tag line says, "Personal attacks only reflect the inadequacy of the argument, and the character of the attacker."

Perhaps Drew will have some lecture for King for his personal attack on Jim, but King shouldn't hold his breath waiting for that. On second thought, maybe King should hold his breath waiting.

King doesn't like to be the Trojan Horse that is exposed for what it really is. He doesn't wish to be expelled from little brother Larry's big tent, because he knows he can do more to damage our cause of gun rights from within. But he still attempts to label and differentiate his so-called "Fringe" from those he considers noble.

Once a dishonest fraud, always a dishonest fraud

L. Brown #457117 09/22/16 11:06 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
I don't see any problem with attacking someone else's posts if it's a matter of opinion. Or of debating matters of fact....

....I expect, when push comes to shove, we're all on some variation of the same side where guns are concerned. We are, however, too small a constituency to reject the "big tent" philosophy. When you're outnumbered, not a good idea to do the opposition's work and further divide ourselves so we can be more easily conquered.

Would you say that if all legal firearm owners and users were to unite under Hillary's big tent through the voting booth, that all gun control concerns would go away? If not, would you have a thought or two on how the big tent strategy works?

Craig, here's political reality: There are two big tents in our country....

As for your suggestion concerning all gun owners ending up in Hillary's tent . . . not worth addressing....

Thank you Larry for specifically addressing my Hillary big tent question. We may be of a similar mindset that it is 'worth it' to note that the opposition is one of the two tents.

I don't understand why it's so difficult to go directly to the reality that there're two 'tents'. I don't understand why one of the tents is always described as a fringe and a small constituency, unless of course, if there're some that say they're in one tent, but vote in the other. No, it isn't lost on me that there're many other non firearm related issues that're covered under each tent.

Drew Hause #457119 09/22/16 11:17 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have seen a lot of these threads that seem to recycle the same rhetoric over and over again.

Has anyone ever considered anonymously polling the frequent users of the site (i.e. survey monkey or similar) to see what the likely silent majority's preference is for how the site is conducted? Would people be swayed by the results? Just a thought. I know my feelings on the subject, but have no interest in entering the fracas. Given that this is election season, it seems like an appropriate remedy smile

Drew Hause #457121 09/22/16 11:26 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dan if 51% or even 99% of the guys here said they didn't mind having anti-gun trolls like King Brown pretending to be pro-gun guys, I would still show everyone what he really thinks, and remind everyone that he supports and defends anti-gun Liberal Left Democrat politicians over all others.

You say you have no interest in entering the fracas... but here you are.

Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.