May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (eeb, Marks_21, LGF, Borderbill, riflegunbuilder), 205 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,545
Posts546,086
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
Sidelock
Sidelock

Italy invaded Canada decades ago, after the last war, and enriched our country significantly in every field of activity, not least providing good parliamentarians and hockey players. Give people a chance, be fair and tell the truth, and they do wonderfully.

As for your fun-shot, Italian pilots fought bravely against ours in the Second, considering equipment and general lack of leadership. It all comes down to leadership. Our bravest in the Middle East would have had the jihadists on the run long ago if they knew exactly who and what they were sacrificing their lives for.

Canada is fortunate "training" the hard-fighting Kurds---they're actually in their front lines---but the Kurds are fighting to make a country for themselves, killing jihadists just a part of it. Personal and geopolitical mess, and seems a lot to ask our soldiers to give their lives for. I become more pacifist by the day.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yup. Just what I thought. The reorganization isn't going so well. It's actually pretty simple. Dummy like me figured it out in a minute. The world just better get used to hamburgers, chop suey, and vodka. And I'm not too sure about the vodka.

P.S. Sunny Boy going to step up and fund Paris?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....I've never heard anyone say their political system is perfect....

King you ignoramous, the system is perfect in the US and always has been. If there's one thing that you can take away from all the free flow of sharing and caring, is that it's the dems that're imperfect. Redistribute that!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dal, you are playing word games.

King, I bring up the NYT column because that is what this thread is supposed to be about. Not the Canadian political system and equalization.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
pooch, I've never heard anyone say their political system is perfect. Nor a citizen of a country in political chaos predict that a neighbouring country would suffer similarly. Canada's first-quarter economic growth led the G7. Canada is discussing electoral reform seriously.

I learned from years of working in Texas that things there aren't all bigger and better, as they say. Your complaint against a political system, unions, overbearing cops and civil servants is common everywhere, piddling compared to the pain Americans and the world is bearing from Washington.

By any measure, Canada has peace, order and better governance. Chauvinistic and somewhat rude to say, pooch, but sometimes these things need saying. Everyone has a responsibility to make the world safer from fools. Not that you're a fool but you're saying foolish things. Regards, King

You are being feed a load of baloney. Your system heavily favors the urban provinces and is not representative. Your method of selecting Senators is proably the worst of any country claiming to be a democracy. If we in the US had your political system we would be ruled by Californians and likely would soon be speaking Chinese.

King you make noises like a guy making things up as you go along. Exactly what part of Texas did you visit? Perhaps you could tell us about it.

I have been to Canada a lot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You're forgetting like me with the Vikings, craig. I won't say Americans had a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea but it's closest analogy I can think of at the moment. You never heard an endorsement of the woman from me. Quite the opposite. The Democrats could have introduced a decent healthcare system but didn't want to because of insurance and medical lobbying. As a liberal, I say what about the people? (Yeah, we're off-thread again but I pay for my sins and enjoy participating sincerely on anything in this wonderful forum. )

Sidelock
Sidelock

Looked up Canadian military actions in the Mid East. Sounds like a bunch of Blue Helmet stuff. Canadian military is 20th in the world. Can't afford a bigger military because of all the money spent for humanitarian stuff (like keeping the current pols in power)

This reminds me of the big good looking soldierly fellow who was in the Canadian Army and regaled us and the girls with his stories of daring do. Until we discovered all he had ever done was Blue Helmet stuff and never fired a gun in anger.

Last edited by pooch; 06/17/17 11:53 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Most members suffered a national magazine profile of my career posted here by another member. Part of covering the world for Canada's public broadcasting television system---Safer and Jennings were colleagues--- involved political reporting all over the country, including Texas, the civil rights program from the boycotts to MLK receiving the Prize in Oslo, and the space program from Mercury to Apollo 17, mostly at MSC south of Houston and the Cape and Huntsville.

Seeming to have an aviation background, you'd know Canadians had significant roles in engineering the command module and lunar lander. I was enjoying dinner with the command chief at home when he got the phone call Grissom, Chaffee and White had just burned to death on the gantry. I got to know Texas and Texans well, Dallas and many points in between, as reporters have the pleasure and access few others have in their work.

Is that enough? Still made up?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not on topic, but my local news the last week has been about two serious convicts (armed robbery) being transported, and who overpowered their two guards, murdered them and escaped. Cops have been unsuccessful in recapture.

Today's news is that they've both been captured by a homeowner with an AR-15. The civilian home owner and his neighbor held the fugitives at gun point until the police could get there and take the escapees into custody. Never underestimate the deplorables!

You won't see it in the NYT or WP so I thought I'd post it here...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes I was an aviator and was offered a job to work on the lunar lander. Also worked in Experimental Flight Test at Bell to develop the Cobra. Did some development work off and on over the years. I don't recall any Canadians, significant roles or otherwise. I would think I would have remembered any Canadians because they have great beer in Canada and they often bring it along. I like it better then the Aussie beer and the aussies are fanatical about their beer.

When did Italy invade Canada?

Last edited by pooch; 06/17/17 12:26 PM.
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.