May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jimmy W, cpa, 1 invisible), 881 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,487
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Nick. C #483844 06/25/17 05:25 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Might be the 2nd most intelligent conversation I'd have all day..

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had one person on ignore list, but thanks to you I have removed him from the list so now I can read or choose not to read his posts using my own brains. Thanks for making me realize error of my ways.

Nick. C #484063 06/28/17 11:30 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think it's important and educational to know that there are anti-2nd Amendment and anti-NRA Trolls who are always working to undermine our Constitutional Rights. So I'm bringing some of King Brown's anti-gun dogma back to the top, since he danced away from this discussion in the hope that everyone soon forgets it... as he has done so many times in the past. King posted this article in support of his repeated and insane notion that our NRA actually rewrote history and was able to change the words of the Framers, and able to change the original intent of the 2nd Amendment. This is one of the exact same anti-gun propaganda methods used by Liberal Left anti-gun politicians and anti-gun organizations:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Jack or John M, whichever suits, on your resurrected Second, from The New Yorker, first paras:

So You Think You Know the Second Amendment?

By Jeffrey Toobin
December 17, 2012

"Does the Second Amendment prevent Congress from passing gun-control laws? The question, which is suddenly pressing, in light of the reaction to the school massacre in Newtown, is rooted in politics as much as law.

For more than a hundred years, the answer was clear, even if the words of the amendment itself were not. The text of the amendment is divided into two clauses and is, as a whole, ungrammatical: “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” The courts had found that the first part, the “militia clause,” trumped the second part, the “bear arms” clause. In other words, according to the Supreme Court, and the lower courts as well, the amendment conferred on state militias a right to bear arms—but did not give individuals a right to own or carry a weapon.

Enter the modern National Rifle Association. Before the nineteen-seventies, the N.R.A. had been devoted mostly to non-political issues, like gun safety. But a coup d’état at the group’s annual convention in 1977 brought a group of committed political conservatives to power—as part of the leading edge of the new, more rightward-leaning Republican Party. (Jill Lepore recounted this history in a recent piece for The New Yorker.) The new group pushed for a novel interpretation of the Second Amendment, one that gave individuals, not just militias, the right to bear arms. It was an uphill struggle. At first, their views were widely scorned. Chief Justice Warren E. Burger, who was no liberal, mocked the individual-rights theory of the amendment as “a fraud.”

But the N.R.A. kept pushing—and there’s a lesson here. Conservatives often embrace “originalism,” the idea that the meaning of the Constitution was fixed when it was ratified, in 1787. They mock the so-called liberal idea of a “living” constitution, whose meaning changes with the values of the country at large. But there is no better example of the living Constitution than the conservative re-casting of the Second Amendment in the last few decades of the twentieth century. (Reva Siegel, of Yale Law School, elaborates on this point in a brilliant article.)"

Several days ago, before King Brown slipped away from this discussion, he once again actually said that he has never seen any anti-gun sentiment posted here in this forum:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I'll say again that I don't recall anti-gun sentiments on this board. Disagreements plenty of regulations pros and cons but no outright anti-gun. Tens of thousands of Second interpretations by myriad US jurisdictions are expressions of how communities want to live, "constitutionally" or otherwise. It's America's enduring debate. It's not one side can only be right.

I've tried to help him by repeatedly posting many of his own anti-gun quotes, along with those of his pal Ed Good. With great generosity of spirit, here's a small sample of what King denies ever seeing:

Originally Posted By: ed good
guess no body here has the balls to answer my question:

disarm...seems to work for the rest of the civilized world...

why not us?

I ask, is it even possible for a person to be more dishonest???

Sincerely,

Selby Lowndes... a.k.a. Jack or John M. smile

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith #484101 06/28/17 05:59 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dadgummit keith, someone suggested I read your last post even though I keep you on ignore. I saw you were using my nom de net from another bbs to sign your post. I believe you are aware of my using that name on Shooting Sportsman because I do not try to hide it, and use the same profile I use here. I have no idea who "jack or John M." might be, but presume that must have some meaning also. I'd appreciate it if you would quit using the signature "SelbyLowndes" in your attack posts on this site...Geo

Nick. C #484104 06/28/17 06:22 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jack, members don't need reminding of hoary issues of a tragically divided country, of which your posts exacerbate by not recognizing and accommodating your history and facts of the Second. Citing former Chief Justice or Toobin on the constitution as a living work doesn't make anti-gun except for zealots. They're facts.

Ed's opinion is only part of the ongoing regulatory debate as the US grapples with more guns than people, a violent history with calls for more guns for public safety. Americans haven't agreed on how to answer questions of textual literalism and rational philosophy.

Freedom to own, to carry, to carry anywhere at any time are all freedoms of collective opinions but Ed's opinion may also be bound in his first duty to himself and his community---the freedom to think for himself within any pro-gun group such as ours. Our forum doesn't share a group mentality.

Nick. C #484106 06/28/17 06:28 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Got a chair open in the loony bin...Chief busted out and booked looking for some Juicy Fruit. Crazy Eight tournament about to start. King is setting up the snacks now.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep, a special treat from the Maritimes: kelp fresh off the ocean floor. Sea urchins---the local name whores' eggs---are pretty good. Goose grass colour it up nicely. I'm setting a good table. Expecting Crosby.

Nick. C #484109 06/28/17 07:06 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Blaaah!! Nova Scotia sounding worse all the time!

Nick. C #484112 06/28/17 07:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

THREEPEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crosby and other Pens were running down the line taking pictures with the fans holding the CUP!!!!

Man, that is a big TROPHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick. C #484171 06/29/17 12:06 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Taliban Inter Office Memo:
Please refrain from standing in one location for extended periods.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.