April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jolly Bill, JDH, Ted Schefelbein, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 469 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,086
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....the constitution as a living work doesn't make anti-gun except for zealots. They're facts....

....Ed's opinion is only part of the ongoing regulatory debate....

....Ed's opinion may also be bound in his first duty to himself and his community....

Yabut, what if Ed's first duty is to his feelings? Does that make ideological feelings on the Constitution and regulations an adequate excuse to impose on others? Just kidding, of course it's a duty to pass off feelings as facts.

Nick. C #484188 06/29/17 02:08 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Brown, I really wish you would quit referring to the US as "tragically divided", "at war with itself" and the like. You are being overly dramatic.

If you get all your news from the NYT, CNN and similar outlets it may appear that way. But it's not what I see from here in the Midwest. Is the country strongly divided on many issues? It is. So what? Been that way for a long time. Still getting along just fine. The sky is not falling. It's like the old saying, if you have two guys who always agree on everything, one of them is unnecessary.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you for your post. My use of the term was a response to a member resurrecting old stuff that most of us are tired of; it's not helpful under current circumstances. Here's the line-up today from The Economist, a distinguished journal with a fairly wide readership in the US:

"This week we mark July 4th with a cover on President Donald Trump. He promised to fix America’s politics, but it is more broken than ever. Badly needed reforms are failing, America’s institutions are under attack and its political culture is poisonous. Sooner or later the harm will spread beyond the beltway and into the economy." ---Zanny Minton Beddoes, Editor-in-Chief

This is no time for vitriol, vindictiveness and ignorance anywhere. We're in this together. No time or place for tit-for-tat sandbox politics.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....This is no time for vitriol, vindictiveness and ignorance anywhere. We're in this together. No time or place for tit-for-tat sandbox politics.

Durn King, you can figure this out by quoting the nom de plume for cnn? Your big tent is a throw back to the ole three ring circus.

Nick. C #484194 06/29/17 03:19 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Geo Newbern, I am pretending to IGNORE you... so how could I possibly respond to your request?

I am pretending to IGNORE you because you have been pretending to IGNORE me since shortly after you attempted to start a shit-storm here with your decidedly off-topic and non-Double Gun thread entitled "Kingsley L. Brown". I still wonder why you sat on that old newspaper article about King for so long before you finally posted it here. But since we are pretending to IGNORE each other, I guess we'll never know.

It would be nice if we could get together for a few drinks and just pretend to IGNORE each other sometime!

Your friend,

Selby wink

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Nick. C #484196 06/29/17 03:24 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Brown, your response is simply a logical fallacy known as an appeal to authority i.e. Because a publication you judge to be an authority affirms a proposition then the proposition has to be true. The material you quoted isn't fact. It is editorial opinion.

Here's one for you. According to a story by Reuters, a "distinguished" news service with a fairly wide readership in Canada, 48% of Canadians want illegal immigrants to Canada deported and a similar percentage disapprove of the Prime Minister's handling of immigration. According to the same source, many asylum seekers in Canada wait months or even years to have their cases heard. In the interim, many cannot find jobs or places to live.

So, is Canada "tragically divided"? 48% is a big number. Or is it all rainbows and unicorns and rivers of chocolate in the Great White North, as you would frequently have us believe?

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Nick. C #484198 06/29/17 03:27 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee King, you'd think I was trying to take away your rights to be an anti-gun, anti-2nd Amendment, and anti-NRA Troll. I was merely performing a Public Service Announcement by reproducing your own words and your own anti-gun rhetoric and sentiments. As always, my opinions of you are based solely upon your own words and actions. I feel it is important for guys here to know and understand that there are Trojan Horses and back stabbers within the ranks of gun owners. Welcoming people like you into Last Dollars insane "Big Tent" of gun owners is about as intelligent as injecting yourself with cancer cells and carcinogenic chemicals. This is a big reason why there is your so-called "ongoing debate" about the meaning of the 2nd Amendment and the original intent of the Framers. Infringements upon our gun rights come directly from people like you and the anti-gun politicians you support. You pretend to be a friend to us, but you stab us in the back.

People like you, King Brown, along with Ed Good and the Liberal Left Democrat politicians and anti-gunners you so staunchly support and defend are always working to plant the seeds of doubt in the minds of the general public. It was you King Brown, who once again made your wild, false, and erroneous claim that the Supreme Court and the NRA rewrote history and changed the clear intent of the Framers. Many times, myself and others have provided quotes made by the Framers both before and after the ratification of the Constitution which clearly explained their rationale behind the 2nd. But always, you return with more of the same anti-gun propaganda as the Jeffrey Toobin article you posted here in this thread a couple days ago in your post #483805. But even when accurately informed, you return with more anti-gun bullshit.

Some folks ask why I keep this front and center... why I won't just let this go? I do it because the anti-gunners like you never quit. In my opinion, the only time you stop is when you are being deceptive, and again trying to make the dishonest claim that you are pro-gun or have never seen any anti-gun sentiment on this site. That is just laughable King. Imagine if I and several others were frequently posting the "N-word" and racist slurs, along with articles by David Duke, and KKK propaganda. Imagine us promoting the Grand Wizard of the KKK for President, and denigrating his opposition at every opportunity. Then imagine me piously and sincerely saying that I have never seen any racist sentiment here... and making lame and weak excuses that we are just reporting on an ongoing debate.

That is exactly what you are doing here. I've posted dozens of your anti-gun quotes, along with those of your pal Ed Good. Earlier in this thread, I put some of your own words in BOLD TYPE in my post #403804 just to illustrate plainly that this anti-gun propaganda is your own sentiment, and not merely reporting on the opinions of anti-gun Supreme Court Justices or Ed Good. I wonder how Ed Good feels about you now throwing him under the bus in yet another attempt to claim that you are not here to undermine our gun rights with your anti-gun rhetoric and opinions. That is why, in my opinion, you are the most dishonest person to ever soil the pages of this online firearms enthusiasts forum. You are a complete fraud, and you would have to be mentally ill to be in total denial about your own words when they are unedited and directly quoted for you.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith #484200 06/29/17 03:34 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Selby, Are you ignoring the fact you are signing your posts with an assumed identity as pointed out out by Geo?

Pity that things can't stay focused on doubleguns here, to include the diversion this thread made into long range sniping to begin with, which was undoubtedly a likely start down the road to the personal sniping that often occurs.

Perhaps our webmaster could freeze this thread and let this stuff die again

P.S. Keith, your DR you posted about is nice and when I get the time, I will post some pictures of other Louis Christophe and Jules Bury stuff DRs I have that are similar, though not as nice as yours.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Nick. C #484202 06/29/17 03:41 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

You'd have to be mentally ill to serve those kind of snacks at a card game. What do you serve for lunch? Raw dirt snails and beet juice? Guess Doritos haven't made it to Nova Scotia yet.

Nick. C #484203 06/29/17 03:46 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks very much for the kind words about my new .450 BP Express Louis Christophe double rifle. I can't wait to start working up a regulation load for it. At least we're finally talking double guns here, and now you want Dave to lock this thread?

I agree about your idea that it would be nice if this forum remained focused on Double Guns. You may have noticed that my first post within this off-topic and non Double Gun thread was in response to Walt Snyder when he said this:

Originally Posted By: Walter C. Snyder
So-- what does all this have to do with the moderators definition for the purpose of this forum?? Maybe better addressed in an another forum?? I thought this was a shotgun forum.

Since we were already off topic, and King was veering wildly away from doubles, and even sniper rifles, and into racism and politics, I thought it would be informative to point out his dishonest prior statements about a desire to only talk doubles.

Don't you think it is hypocritical to attack me for being off topic when your friend King Brown is such a frequent offender, and anti-2nd Amendment and anti-NRA to boot? And why are you ignoring the fact that Geo apparently uses an assumed identity? In fact, he has told us in the past that Geo Newbern is not his real name.

Will the real Selby Lowndes please stand up?

Regards,

Selby smile

Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.