Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Fair enough. I'd bet it's some kid in New Jersey anyway.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The warning might be valid I don't think that the way it was presented was.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GregSY
Fair enough. I'd bet it's some kid in New Jersey anyway.

. . . or, some guy in Texas, or wherever.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Turks are making and marketing their own doubles now. Of course they're going to attack a Parker site, just using religion as a cover for good old Middle Eastern capitalism.

Sidelock
Sidelock

God forbid that one of "us" should insult a Muslim! They might not like us anymore! As to bending over backwards to accomodate them, I'd worry more about bending over forwards. Who the hell do you think is causing the chaos in the world right now, us?
If anything in our ways is contributing to the problems it IS the political correctness crap. GROW UP!

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Naw, they wouldn't do that...... now would they?
It's been peace & love mates!

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 07/17/07 08:29 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

my 2 cents. We are at war. We are at war with Muslims. If you think it isint a religous war, think again. They hate our way of life, our country , our god and us. That is the way of Jihad. A number of Imams (religous leaders) issued fatwahs against the west and the US in particular.

Back in WW2 we had all kinds of names and hatred for our enemies. Were all Japanese and germans evil fascists/nazis etc? No, of course not. But we identified the foe and kept him in our head as the enemy. Makes it easier for a soldier to kill the enemy when they view them as less than human. Oops, I said kill. Hmmm, thats what wars do.

Name a major Islamic leader who has come out condemming the violence precipitated by Muslim extrememists? When, where?? A generalization you might say but seems like most of the terrorism, violence and barbarism in the world today isnt being done by Christians. Thats just a fact.

So because he wants to say what he said about the webiste we cringe, and then wrap our arms around the nearest Muslim to repent for our feelings???? Come on now.

Does this whole discussion belong on this site? I dont know. We have gone off on some serious tangents before and they ran on and on. If you dont like the thread, dont read it or foster its longevity.

As for me, I knwo who the enemy is and will call them as I see them.

Last edited by Brian; 07/17/07 08:33 PM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian knows of what he speaks.

Last edited by Bob Blair; 07/17/07 08:56 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll 'second' what Jim Legg just had to say....

Some years back when all of this Islamic discontent first began to flare up, I took the time to read a literal English translation of the entire Koran (or Quran' for you 'PC' types)- all four hundred and thirty-five pages of it. All that I'll say is to advise those of you that haven't, to do so if you have the chance. It's only about $14 bucks worth at your local bookstore, and it will go a very long ways in explaining what you are witnessing today. Ex. As in why a 'voice' has generally not been forthcoming from the 'moderate' Muslim community condemning mob violence/terrorist acts/etc.

As for CParker's initial post re: the PGCA site, I'm appreciative for the'heads-up', if it's a legitimate concern.....

Rob Harris

Sidelock
Sidelock

I try not to venture into these sorts of debates; I'm normally here to talk guns. But...
I'm not sure blame games help us. Who started it? Have a look at the great middle eastern carve ups by the allies following WWI. Have a look at the tussle between Russia and England in the late 19th C. Have a look at who the CIA has supported in the past 30-40 years, and then wonder why US and allied servicemen are being sniped at with .50 Barrets in those places...
Who started it? When? It might be a bit too simplistic to say they did, when inter-generational circumstance and post-colonial legacies have bred deep seated hatreds of us and our way of life.
RG

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.