May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (R. Glenz, HalfaDouble, 1 invisible), 327 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,548
Posts546,197
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's not forget that there are a lot of very good and brave Moslems fighting along side our men in Iraq and I suspect more friendly Moslem lives are being lost in this war than are American lives.

As in Vietnam, while it was true our enemies were Vietnamese, so were our friends. This war and the world today are more complicated than World War 2 and the world of the 1930-40s. Today, political and religious beliefs cross national boundaries.

In our war against domestic terrorism, our best sources of information can come from patriotic and decent American Moslems; so let's not hate those who can be the most helpful to our nation.

If we fail to make the distinction between good and bad Moslems, we create the religious war the radical Moslems seek and we help our enemies unite the Moslem community in a way our enemies have been unable to do. Our nation and the world would become less secure and beyond our ability to secure. Our Bill of Rights is our greatest strength and the best tool we have to secure our nation and those rights, which include tolerance of religious beliefs along with other treasured rights enjoyed by us on this forum (right to keep and bear arms and freedom of speech). As we are all strong proponents of the right to keep and bear arms, we should be equally vigilant over the other protections.

We need not make this a religious war and we can think in traditional terms of national conflict. The war we are fighting now is one against the Islamic Republic of Iran, a nation that is the single greatest sponsor of terrorism and supporter of radical Islam and one that for over a quarter of a century has chanted "death to America." I believe that our wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are tactical stepping-stones to taking down the Islamic Republic of Iran. To polarize all of Islam against the United States is the only way that Iran can defeat us. Let's not help them.

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cadet, ever think about a teaching position at a private all-girls school.
This stuff would go over really big, I tell you!
...and dbadcraig!
Do you think guys who blow themselves up...snitch on each other?

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 07/17/07 09:36 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Excellent post Doug.

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not quite sure I follow you Lowell - "go over really big"? Do you mean they'd love it 'cos it's such a complex and murky situation, and girls are into complex and murky games?! or they'd hate it 'cos of the fundamentalist muslim attitude to women and the complex murky question of who started it looks to much like the pronouncements of a moderate apologist/appeaser?; I happen to be a teacher - but in a public co-ed school. I get along quite well with most of my students!
RG

Sidelock
Sidelock

Think of a classroom filled with Paris Hiltons!
I bet they blame someone else too!

Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=Lowell ...and dbadcraig, do you know the words to, "We are the World."
Do you think guys who blow themselves up...snitch on each other?
[/quote]

Lowell-

No, I don't know the words to "We are the World," but then I am not very musical.

I am no such fool to think our enemies will inform on one another. The point I was trying to make and apparently not clearly enough, is that all the followers of Islam are not our enemy unless we chose make them our enemy and if we do so, we have "taken the bait."

Speaking of what I know, while I am weak on lyrics, what I do know (and for a fact as one who has devoted my life to public service and sworn to protect and defend our Constitution and form of government for over 2 decades and counting), is that human intelligence is our most valuable asset in this war and many of our most valuable assets at home and abroad, include Moslems.

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Where you guys been the Muslins are already polarized....what we need is a President that will show them the meaning of Kentucky fried.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I am still upset about Sherman marching throught Ga. which caused my ancestors to leave. And I am less fond of MUslims from what I have seen. I really dont understand how anyone can defend them as they seem to enjoy killing Christians as well as other Muslims ???

Sidelock
Sidelock

Like Hillary or the Breck Girl? We've only had two presidents who stood up to them. They also have the same last name. Is that news to you?

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks like PGCA BBS is back up and running. No word from Greg yet on how it happened. Looks safe to go there again.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.