May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (eeb, Ken Nelson, Borderbill, 3 invisible), 250 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,033
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey old colonel, how ya' doing? Just what is it that you find so unpalatable that you would prefer faux civility?

Is it the actual and true fact that Jagermeister has repeatedly and demonstrably lied to us about the guns he purports to own?

Is it the actual and true fact that Bill has repeatedly posted demonstrably false information and Liberal Left DNC propaganda in support of the anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats he supports???... or that he was so motivated by his own stupidity and personal animus for me that he dishonestly stated that I was questioning Jagermeister's right to post here?

Or is it the actual and true fact that Larry got busted by craigd editing out a portion of the Audobon Society's position on lead ammunition bans in order to bolster his false and incorrect statements... and then repeatedly tried to make excuses for such dishonest behavior without either correction or apology?

Or is it all three? And what kind of death spiral would this forum experience if everyone just lied about everything all the time, but did it in a manner of fake civility as you are prescribing? Do you think it's nice or civil that Larry attempts to run away from his dishonest editing and blaming deer hunters for poisoning eagles by frequently suggesting that people use the IGNORE feature to blot me out? I note that you aren't at all concerned about the thread diversion which occurred when the subject was diverted from the popularity of SxS's to an ancient debate about the percussion system of firearms ignition, and the resulting off-topic banter. We still appear to have differing opinions of just what constitutes civility. Dishonesty is not civility. Never has been... never will be. Please don't ask me to tolerate dishonesty again. It isn't nice.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Just put him on ignore, Bill. You won't be missing anything of consequence . . . other than a guy with a really bad attitude. And who needs one more of those?

Just what you'd expect from a Muslim loving liberal....the creation of a safe zone inside their own headz.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What Keith does that many others here find annoying is exactly what he hates about PC college students who protest conservative speakers. Keith demands an ideological purity that the world as it exists will never permit. He can't bear the thought that people who agree with him 80% of the time might actually be his allies. By demanding total loyalty to what he sees as the True Path he alienates many who support much of what he wants to preserve, and he confirms the view of those who utterly oppose him that "gun people" are simply lunatics.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had Keith on IGNORE for a long time...Try it...You wont miss anything as he has nothing to offer...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Hey old colonel, how ya' doing? Just what is it that you find so unpalatable that you would prefer faux civility?

Is it the actual and true fact that Jagermeister has repeatedly and demonstrably lied to us about the guns he purports to own?

Is it the actual and true fact that Bill has repeatedly posted demonstrably false information and Liberal Left DNC propaganda in support of the anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats he supports???... or that he was so motivated by his own stupidity and personal animus for me that he dishonestly stated that I was questioning Jagermeister's right to post here?

Or is it the actual and true fact that Larry got busted by craigd editing out a portion of the Audobon Society's position on lead ammunition bans in order to bolster his false and incorrect statements... and then repeatedly tried to make excuses for such dishonest behavior without either correction or apology?

Or is it all three? And what kind of death spiral would this forum experience if everyone just lied about everything all the time, but did it in a manner of fake civility as you are prescribing? Do you think it's nice or civil that Larry attempts to run away from his dishonest editing and blaming deer hunters for poisoning eagles by frequently suggesting that people use the IGNORE feature to blot me out? I note that you aren't at all concerned about the thread diversion which occurred when the subject was diverted from the popularity of SxS's to an ancient debate about the percussion system of firearms ignition, and the resulting off-topic banter. We still appear to have differing opinions of just what constitutes civility. Dishonesty is not civility. Never has been... never will be. Please don't ask me to tolerate dishonesty again. It isn't nice.

Unpalatable? I find your introduction of an attack where none was required, thus pulling the thread into silliness. You forget you started it in this thread.

You suggest ignore for others, but never use the feature yourself?

You mistake self control for dishonesty. Keith, you seem stir stuff up, just to justify name calling persons you have a dislike for.

You are right we disagree on tactics and etiquette and probably always will.

You have a right to free speech here and I accept that. I do not have to accept your baiting and name calling.

Bless you

Last edited by old colonel; 09/27/17 08:58 AM. Reason: Added line

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

And now we have the brilliant Last Dollar giving us his two pesos. Of course, Last Dollar and I have butted heads on numerous occasions concerning his insane and dangerous view that we should welcome those who undermine the 2nd Amendment into "One Big Tent". This, of course, is the same view that rocky mtn bill is attempting to push. Bill and Last Dollar simply hate the fact that I see those who support and defend the anti-gun Liberal Left Democrat politicians who are continually attempting to infringe upon our gun rights as Trojan Horses.

You cannot be an abortion doctor, and claim to be pro-life. And you cannot support the likes of Hillary Clinton or Barack Hussein Obama and claim to be pro-2nd Amendment.

I was just reading a PM from one of rocky mtn bill's neighbors in Montana who told me about the time Bill got pissed off because he donated the proceeds from a vintage rifle shoot he had organized to the NRA-ILA. He told me that it was attendees like Bill that caused them to simply drop the shoot, because they couldn't stomach the idea of busting their asses for attendees like him who couldn't stand the idea of supporting the 2nd Amendment. Nice try Bill. But you are not on our side when you undermine gun rights by supporting the Liberal Left anti-gun agenda.

Would you and Last Dollar (and old colonel) like to contribute anything to the original topic of the supposed waning popularity of sxs's? I didn't think so.

Last edited by keith; 09/27/17 09:16 AM. Reason: added old colonel to list of those who aren't here to contribute to the original topic.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes I would like to contribute to the topic by other than requesting better manners.

The waning popularity of SXS is a well worn topic posted on in numerous threads. I have posted about it in other threads and was not inclined to join this one until it deviated.

I believe high end best guns will remain popular. The future for mid-grade and field grades will continue to be soft. That is probably good as it allows new enthusiasts to join the hobby. Most of us, if not almost all, did not start with best guns. My first double buy was a Fox Sterlingworth 16 (which to my dieing day I will regret trading).

We are a niche passion and will remain so, but we will remain.

While guns do wear out and the repair can be a challenge tthere are enough usable SXS guns out there to feed the market for years before they wear out.

More endangered than the guns themselves is access to hunting. For me hunting is what my guns are about and I won't own a gun I don't take to the field. I fear that limited access to land and declining game populations in many areas will further drive away those from our sport into other passions they can successfully pursue.

Last edited by old colonel; 09/27/17 09:25 AM. Reason: Spelling

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

By the way Keith, how did your by name attack on Jaegermeister positively contribute to the thread?

I have no doubt you can justify it in your mind, but you could have made your point on without going after people by name.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

The event Keith reports from one of my "neighbors" never happened. I don't get pissed when some of my friends support issues differently than I do. That is your approach, Keith, not mine. If you'd like to post the PM here, I'll be happy to have a neighborly chat with the author to learn what happened and to clarify matters with him. Whatever actually happened, it was never discussed with me. I don't suppose there's any point in questioning Keith's devotion to the truth in reporting this alleged incident.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

We agree on everything you said old colonel. Everything... and especially the part about better manners. It is not good manners to post dishonest crap about guns that you never owned, or dishonestly pretend to support gun rights while you actually support and defend those who work very hard to eliminate those rights.

So, your very first double was a 16 ga Sterlingworth, and you traded it??? If you had sold it to Jagermeister, you'd probably still have it, because he would have backed out of the deal after telling us about his new gun.

By the way, I didn't attack Jagermeister by name. I don't believe his real name is Jagermeister. I also note that you don't seem at all concerned when I am attacked by my screen name. And the PM I told you about concerning Bill's disdain for the proceeds of a shoot being donated to NRA-ILA is quite real. I won't post it here without the permission of the gentleman who sent it to me. The one and only PM I ever revealed here was from Ed Good when he thought I was King Brown, posting under another name, and he was congratulating me for trying to bring down the old Misfires forum.

As far as the "devotion to the truth" that Bill is suddenly so concerned about... I'm still waiting for Bill to acknowledge some of the things that he lied to us about in the past. We can start with the lie he told us concerning George Bush's funding for teacher training when he passed "No Child Left Behind." Then we'll go on to numerous other lies he posted in support of his Liberal Left agenda.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.