April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Karl Graebner, Marks_21, dearmer, David Williamson, Kolar Dickson, bushveld), 239 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,033
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Good read!

https://medium.com/s/story/the-surprisin...er-15fce7d10437

Engineering and science types will like this one. Your "gut" instincts are good for a reason...

Last edited by Lloyd3; 05/10/18 11:39 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

i am buying more ammo tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's a lot of subjectivity with a bit of peppered stats.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting article, written from a different perspective, and hard to argue with. There is, however, one glaring error in this paragraph:

"While we dont have any good sources of data on how often zombies take over the world, we definitely have good sources of data on when the group of people on the piece of dirt we currently call the USA attempt to overthrow the ruling government. Its happened twice since colonization. The first one, the American Revolution, succeeded. The second one, the Civil War, failed. But they are both qualifying events."

Wrong. The War Between The States, while a cataclysmic event, was not an "attempt (by either side) to overthrow the ruling government". It was the result of a government forcing a group of states to not withdraw from that larger union of states. Very big difference.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Online Embarrased
Sidelock

Disaster planning should be a part of a person's life.
Just setting yourself up to make it a week without power is impossible for most people.

Might be as simple as a credit card with available balance, so you can just leave if you need to.

I am the "Grey man".

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Interesting article, written from a different perspective, and hard to argue with. There is, however, one glaring error in this paragraph:

"While we dont have any good sources of data on how often zombies take over the world, we definitely have good sources of data on when the group of people on the piece of dirt we currently call the USA attempt to overthrow the ruling government. Its happened twice since colonization. The first one, the American Revolution, succeeded. The second one, the Civil War, failed. But they are both qualifying events."

Wrong. The War Between The States, while a cataclysmic event, was not an "attempt (by either side) to overthrow the ruling government". It was the result of a government forcing a group of states to not withdraw from that larger union of states. Very big difference.

SRH

While you may be technically correct Stan, I don't think that changes his math or conclusions. It was a disaster event that provokes extraordinary disruption to life as it had been in the areas affected.

Maybe my ex isn't as crazy as she seems. All I know is I'm allowed inside the compound when the SHTF. My job is firearms. LOL

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

The "Fact" that Stan stated that neither side tried to "Overthrow" the ruling Government is the reason it Was Not a Civil War, regardless of who all called it that. A Civil War by definition is when a faction within a nation tries to take over the Government of that nation.

An act of Congress back in the 1920's as I recall declared this war should be called "The War Between the States". Most "Yankees" call it he War of Southern Rebellion while most Southerners call it the War of Northern Aggression or War for Southern Independence.

It in fact was no more a Civil War than was the American Revolution.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper

I am the "Grey man".

Were you trying to be ironic?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Regardless of what you want to call the war the great redeeming fact is it forged a stronger nation than could have ever been possible otherwise.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.