May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (welder, HalfaDouble, Jtplumb), 582 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,563
Posts546,354
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#518357 07/15/18 12:05 AM
dhanks Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

So I ended up buying one of the 2-gun carts from Rugged Gear. Seemed to be well-built from the pictures on the website and I seen others using them. Here is the model I got http://www.ruggedgear.com/index.cfm/page...prod/prd308.htm

I've been using it since March 30th, so just under 3 months. I use the cart mainly on gravel roads for sporting clay courses; nothing extreme. Let me tell you, within three months this thing has broken down and is a complete piece of SH**. The design is terrible and is just prone to breaking. No roller bearing, metal, just plastic that will crack and break on the wheels.

This happened today during a NSCA shoot in California. Pretty embarrassing to be running the stations and have your wheels fall off your cart. I had about 25+ comments from other shooters regarding the Rugged Gear cart and how no one has anything nice to say about them.

I can't believe I wasted over $300 on this cart and it's just a cheap piece of plastic junk from China or God knows where. It can't even handle 3 months on a gravel road. I only shoot twice a week. That means I've used it less than 24 times and the damn wheels just fall off.

I got so upset I just went to Craigslist and bought a used BOB's REVOLUTION stroller for $50 and modified it. I took the Rugged Gear front pouch and installed it on the BOB. I also moved the shotgun mount onto the BOB as well.

Here is what I ended up with.

The BOB REVOLUTION is some good quality stuff and good design. All of the wheels are on ball bearings and use the same quick disconnect as mountain bicycles. The wheel lock is very solid, metal, and engages both wheels at once. The frame is designed to be very strong, light, and folds down into a small package. The frame also has a shock system to improve the ride. The fabric is installed into the frame with fisheye washers crimped into the fabric, so it doesn't tear over time.

The Rugged Gear cart has none of this stuff. Everything is done cheaply as possible and they charge you top dollar to boot.

I highly recommend that if you're considering buying a Rugged Gear cart, that you DO NOT and simply look at getting a used BOB's REVOLUTION baby stroller off Craigslist. Even has a nice mesh on the back for your hulls!

Sidelock
Sidelock

the model you link to has metal wheels.....the one you bought has plastic wheels....

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

What did Rugged Gear say when you contacted them?
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
crs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the tip.

NRA Patron, TSRA, Whittington Center, DWWC,DRSS
Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've had a rugged gear cart for over 9 years, and the only issue has been the wheel locks bending. They still work however, and I'm very pleased with the way it has held up.

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Same here. Ive had one for about 8 years and it has held up fine.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dhanks
So I ended up buying one of the 2-gun carts from Rugged Gear. Seemed to be well-built from the pictures on the website and I seen others using them. Here is the model I got http://www.ruggedgear.com/index.cfm/page...prod/prd308.htm

I've been using it since March 30th, so just under 3 months. I use the cart mainly on gravel roads for sporting clay courses; nothing extreme. Let me tell you, within three months this thing has broken down and is a complete piece of SH**. The design is terrible and is just prone to breaking. No roller bearing, metal, just plastic that will crack and break on the wheels.

Let's try again for more info and clarity: what did Rugged Gear say when you contacted them about their product's failure?
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't understand the time frame. You posted that the wheels fell off "today", and that you then ordered the other cart off craigslist and modified it. Can't understand how all that happened in a day.

I'd be curious about Rugged Gear's response, too.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
dhanks Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The Rugged Gear cart broke within three months. It's a piece of plastic junk. The day it broke I bought a baby stroller off Craigslist and it was 100x better than the Rugged Gear. I modified the baby stroller and now use it as my main cart. I just moved over the Rugged Gear front pouch, otherwise it's the baby stroller.

It's Sunday, Rugged Gear won't get back to me until Monday. Doesn't matter though. The product is crap. I'm sure they will offer a new wheel, but why would I want another plastic wheel with no bearings that will break again? Terrible design to start with.

Last edited by dhanks; 07/16/18 10:55 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, for the reply. You certainly had a busy Saturday. cool

Good job on the conversion.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 07/16/18 06:28 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.