April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, playing hooky, PALUNC, Der Ami, 2 invisible), 235 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,442
Posts544,774
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

The better the "restoration was done" to begin with, and the more usage it has had since, the nearer impossible it becomes to state with certainty that it was ever restored. I have wondered many times how many self proclaimed experts would bet their life that a certain gun, about which they knew nothing of the provenance, was original or not. Even the best of the best Smithsonian gun curators wouldn't bet their life on their opinions. If they would, they're a fool.

No one is infallible. Well, there was One.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

John Roberts done crawled out on a limb on this one.

Now he's done got mad and pouty because he can hear the limb cracking under the weight of his own stupidity.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Originally Posted By: battle
Obvious an older refinish, JMHO. Also priced about double what it should sell for, maybe more.

What's obvious? Rounded corners and edges? Nope. Polished-out engraving? Nope. Gaps in fit? Nope. Looks too good for it's age just because you say so huh? Priced double based on what, all the others available just like it? Yeah, didn't think so.
JR

Rustled and salty...

Geez, it was JMHO. You like it so much, why don't you buy it?

Last edited by battle; 10/23/18 08:52 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

He never had any intention of buying it...

He's just trying to sell it.

Kinds reminds me of Hillary and them demo'rats...

Hear tell them demO'rats would prefer Hillary just keep her mouth shut for fear of hurting a rat.

eYe spect before its over Steve'O will wish his salesman John Roberts had done the same.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
You don't keep the metal pristine and beat the crap out of the wood.

The trigger loop didn't look so pristine to me....

I hear tell them Remington SxS were hell to keep working maybe that's why the screws are turned ?

I bet those nicks on the wood are rack nicks it got while it was sitting in a gunsmith shop trying to keep her running ?

What say ye O John Roberts....

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Nothing personal, Battle. Not judging, just asking. I don't want it. Never did. Just put it up for viewing and discussion because of its rarity and condition. Looks like I succeeded on that part, as well as putting JoE into a nutball tizzy. He poisons the water here every time he joins the conversation, makes some stupid derogatory comment, gets smacked down, then gets pissed and goes into personal attacks. Nothing new, just the same old broken record he's always been.

Oh, btw, Steve said he's got my commission check ready to go out, lol.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

John Roberts every reply you made sounded like you took offense to having someone disagree with your evaluation...

Don't fret none about the personal attacks you made on me and others that replied.

I forgive you John Roberts because I realize someone has got to love the fat ugly women....

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.