April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (earlyriser, rtw, LRF, Marks_21, 1 invisible), 311 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,091
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the interesting and thoughtful reply, C.I. Not surprised that your experiences with FAIR guns have been good as well. Bazil is a great guy to talk with and do business with. My experiences with him have been without fault in any way.

I'll get that comparison done sometime this winter. Still got a lot of crop to get out of the field, and it just stopped raining. Hallelujah!!

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil
Originally Posted By: BrentD
Originally Posted By: RWG
[quote=goosedowner]
For modern guns B. Rizzini's are quite nice, especially in 20 ga. The Model 550 Upland EL model comes to mind. Here is one for reference.

https://v4.gunsinternational.com/v4/guns...un_id=100555080

Seems like an awfully plain gun for that much money. Maybe it is just me.

Like usual, you are missing something. That gun is 2x better looking than a Merkel sxs. It probably handles better too.
Why are you still here btw? Still participating? Send Dave some money, apologize and tell him what a tool youve been being. Still participating, for free. You should be ashamed of yourself.

He's like Larry the Clown....he's still here because he's too damn stupid to leave.

Wait...hold it...hold it...hold it....

Speaking of the devil here comes the Clown now

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
Originally Posted By: RWG
[quote=goosedowner]
For modern guns B. Rizzini's are quite nice, especially in 20 ga. The Model 550 Upland EL model comes to mind. Here is one for reference.

https://v4.gunsinternational.com/v4/guns...un_id=100555080

Seems like an awfully plain gun for that much money. Maybe it is just me.

Interesting. My 28ga 550 has full coverage engraving on a coin-finished receiver. Wood is about the same quality. For a little price comparison, stack it up against what they're asking for a new AyA 4/53. Of course that specific Rizzini is used . . . but that's about what you'd probably pay for a used 4/53 in similar condition.

Last edited by L. Brown; 11/15/18 10:47 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you are are willing to consider used, and something off the continent, or Japan, this really isnt going to be too tough. It shouldnt take 3K, either.
If you do some shopping, you could put together a pair of Spanish boxlocks at that price.
Good luck.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
If I out are willing to consider used, and something off the continent, or Japan, this really isnt going to be too tough. It shouldnt take 3K, either.
If you do some shopping, you could put together a pair of Spanish boxlocks at that price.
Good luck.

Best,
Ted

Ted--Assume you mean TWO Spanish boxlocks, not a pair as in a matched pair. Hard to find a pair for $3,000. I had a pair of Spanish boxlocks, AyA 4 Deluxes. But you'd be lucky to get one of those for $3K.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted said "put together a pair". That would be a composed pair, not a matched pair. If he had meant a matched pair I think he would have said so. I certainly would have.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan got it.
It took me about two minutes of looking to find two 28 barrel,12 gauge, 2 3/4 chamber, straight stocked Uggy model 30 guns, nearly identical, on Gunbroker.
Price for both combined was $1700. Ship em, fit em, case em, should still come under 3K, if you dont go nuts.
Me, Id avoid single trigger and ejectors, but, there was plenty of that kind of stuff there as well. Well under 3K.
I dont need a pair of anything either, but, a guy could do that, on that budget, if he were so inclined.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/791287362

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/790749516
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I dont need a pair of anything either

Whoa now, Ted. shocked

You don't look that old yet.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Ted said "put together a pair". That would be a composed pair, not a matched pair. If he had meant a matched pair I think he would have said so. I certainly would have.

SRH

Larry Clown doesn't like to be corrected. I'm certain Larry knew more about what Ted meant than Ted himself knew.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
I dont need a pair of anything either

Whoa now, Ted. shocked

You don't look that old yet.

SRH

HA! Best laugh today, Stan, but, it is early, and I havent seen my younger brother yet.
I guess I was thinking I didnt need a pair of anything like the Uggys I posted that would need to be put together.
The stuff that came that way we will leave as delivered.
Thanks for the grin.

Back on subject, a guy will likely find he wont need much money for model 30s, either. The two I posted are a bit overpriced, in my opinion, but, well under the OPs stated top dollar figure.

Best,
Ted

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.