May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jeremy Pearce, Vol423, 1 invisible), 196 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,539
Posts546,039
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's a little treatise produced by lying ignorant bureaucrats that are stealing your money and ruining your fun, on AHM.
Which is the system used to spoil your duck hunting.
https://www.fws.gov/migratorybirds/pdf/management/AHM/AHMReport2019.pdf

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
Here's a little treatise produced by lying ignorant bureaucrats that are stealing your money and ruining your fun, on AHM.
Which is the system used to spoil your duck hunting.
https://www.fws.gov/migratorybirds/pdf/management/AHM/AHMReport2019.pdf

You do know that King just told us that waterfowl hunter numbers are down. Why are we worried about hunters, they're just fun loving grey toppers, or spoiled brats?

With increasing resources and habitat dedicated to them and taken from hunters, when are we going to get a little treatise on the impact of bird watchers? Do waterfowl really thrive on baby bimmer accessible roads and observation decks in their safe zones? Seeing how temperature sensitive the watchers are, it just may be that the spring migration up to the nesting grounds is being impeded. Come on CZ, seventy something pages, what's the point?

Last edited by craigd; 11/19/18 10:06 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, the point is that someone asked to be clued in.
There is the document that explains it all in great detail. Complete with references and appendices.
Every flyway, and all the people in charge.

When a person gets down to the nitty gritty pertaining to their flyway, and how AHM is being applied to their region, they can call any of the ...people... listed in the appendix.
And then proceed however they wish. Of course I hope their efforts are enlightening, and positive. But there is no guarantee of that.

I'd like to think there are some people that might enjoy learning how these decisions are made. But maybe not.
A 72 page doc covering an entire continent isn't really all that long. Not with references and tables added in.
A person can easily skip to the parts that effect them, and skip that which does not.

If someone is particularly engaged in the topic, they can argue about the composition of the factors used in the AHM model for their flyway. The who to argue with is therein.

If they don't get anywhere at the Federal level, they can pursue the matter further with their individual flyway council, or further yet, with their individual state agencies that have agreed to adopt the flyway AHM system.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Craig Larter
The Montezuma Refuge has expanded by 3500 acres in the last decade which allows more safe/ non hunting areas for the birds.

I don't know the facts but my guess is non hunting areas don't make for a better duck population.

Anyone that knows anything knows that concentrating ducks or any wildlife is just asking for the spread of decease.

All of these "safe zones" should be open for hunting. So the ducks would be forced into their natural migration patterns.

Point is we had more ducks and better hunting before we had these safe non hunted feeding zones.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No excuse to feed ducks. If their habitat wont support them they have wings to fly where it can. Concentration of birds does increase the risk of major disease outbreak with rapid die offs. To feed dicks, as a back foot way to reduce hunting opportunities is very unwise. Did people forget most of the wildlife habitat was bought with taxes on sportsman, donated by them or their heirs. The area these anti hunters have paid for could be covered by a large tarp.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
....There is the document that explains it all in great detail. Complete with references and appendices....

....Of course I hope their efforts are enlightening, and positive. But there is no guarantee of that.

I'd like to think there are some people that might enjoy learning how these decisions are made. But maybe not....

The links to the documents are appreciated. My hope is that a waterfowl hunter can sift through it and determine why they're given the blame for the numbers. What was enlightening and not so positive to me is how 'their efforts' were interpreted and characterized.

Seems like the future of the Atlantic flyway is camera hunts with no more than three pictures loaded at a time. Just trying to be positive.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd

Seems like the future of the Atlantic flyway is camera hunts with no more than three pictures loaded at a time. Just trying to be positive.

Two pictures, craigd. This is a forum of gentlemen. All the 3 shot hillbillies are over in the I Love My Ithaca at shotgunworld.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Just roaming around the tules the last two days, my Lab picked up six mallard cripples shot earlier in the morning.

King, did you think to take shot samples from those crippled ducks in order to determine how many were hit with steel shot?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Six would put you seriously over the limit now and might be a Federal offense with jail time next year.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
Six would put you seriously over the limit now and might be a Federal offense with jail time next year.

6 in two days is probably NOT over the limit.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.