May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (SKB, dblgnfix, Hammergun, eightbore, Mike Harrell, Roundsworth), 251 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,350
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Elitism is part of all avocations, crafts and professions. There's more than one way to consider it. Google defines elitism as dominant in a system or society and OED, which I use, defines elite as the choice part, the best of.

You see it in a negative sense as not needed in the hunting fraternity. I agree, and I consider myself as part of an elite in my craft and fraternity because of what I bring to it as a leader; Not as dominant but in a practical sense for a common purpose.

I've lost three birds in the last 51 years, none my dog's fault. I've suffered your examples of egos with poorly trained dogs. I'm enraged by the waste from a majority of waterfowlers. Exaggerated ego doesn't drive me.

I've seen many hunters mark falls of dead birds in thick cover but not one who could say accurately where a cripple went after falling in marsh of cattails and tules. I'm a minority dedicated to bringing home what we shoot.

If that's elitist, I'll wear it proudly.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Kings definitely an elitist when it comes spewing total and utter BS, telling tall tales, being a fake & fraud, and when it comes to bloviating, he has no equal. No doubt, he's an elite in all the above categories. Well done King, well done.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, LeFusil. That's better than your president thinks of Canadians.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Thanks, LeFusil. That's better than your president thinks of Canadians.

Dont worry about what my President thinks. You being Canadian and all, you should worry more about that dingaling you have running your country.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil

..........You being Canadian and all, you should worry more about that dingaling you have running your country.

Ain't that the truth!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

You're right again, LeFusil. Like he said.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We have a 6 bird/daily bag limit on ducks here, and now a 5 bird limit on Canada geese. Since Rowdy (my 3 year old Lab) and I hunt "solo" now-a-days, I am satisfied with 3 or 4 drake mallards, and 1 or 2 big geese. But as I usually hunt rivers and farm ponds/flooded corn fields- if we miss picking up a cripple, I count that against my daily bag-

I would rather take 3 male mallards cleanly in range with 4 shells (and a M12) then shoot up a box of expensive steel loads to bag a limit of 6 ducks. Don't laugh, I've been an invited guest on a few hunts where that shell to bagged birds ratio is a frequent event.

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 01/09/19 02:28 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

We both have ding-a-lings at the helm: USA and her great neighbor to the North. Main difference: Trump manages to speak English, your PM is fluent in English and French-- ding-a-lings are part and parcel of the political structure of the world today, fact of life I fear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Trump's no ding-a-ling. He's the very antithesis of a ding-a-ling. Nancy Pelosi is the Queen of ding-a-lings.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

As are: Hillary Clinton, Dianne Feinstein- et al.. I didn't include the distaff side, as IMO, they do NOT belong in politics--
But Trump, like Barracks Bag-Boy Obammy, had Zero experience in Military Ops, Foreign and International Affairs--

Trump fired most of the top former Military men he had first appointed to his Cabinet-- major mistake in the light of the never-ending threat to the USA from the "sandbox terrorist groups extant in the Middle East.

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 01/09/19 02:29 PM.

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.