April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Sandlapper, Ted Schefelbein, Replacement, Jimmy W), 1,068 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anyone shooting one? I picked up a Yildiz .410 O/U on GB for my son a few years back. I got some time behind it this week for the first time and really enjoyed it. Was curious if anyone else has one or the Turkish equivalent. It seems the Turks are really getting their guns smoothed out. About 10yrs ago before my father past we had always talked about shooting a 28ga, he got me a Mossberg 28ga a couple of months before the end, its a monster of a gun compared to my sons Yildiz.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

My buddy bought a couple of Yildiz 20s for his boys a few years ago. O/Us on sale for $499 or so, probably the best bang for the buck available at that time. They seem to be nicer than the other Turk guns I handled back then, except for DeHaans. Since then, the Turks have been upping their game with guns like the Dickinson that everyone seems pretty pleased with.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I have two Turkish guns, a Yildiz .410 S X S and a Dickinson .410 S X S. Both are absolutely good guns. The Yildiz is the biggest surprise, because of the very low price of them. I had to work on the trigger to get it down to a reasonable pull, but after that it has been flawless for many seasons. The Dickinson is only 3 or 4 years old, but is a very nice little gun. It had features that guns twice it's price don't have. It was fine right out of the box. They both have served perfectly for several dove and quail seasons. Not sure exactly what you mean by the "Turkish equivalent", as the Yildiz is a Turkish gun itself.

Turkish guns have a stigma attached to them, kinda like "made in Japan" many years ago. We all know how long that lasted. Astute doublegunners recognize that the Turks have gotten their act together with certain of their guns.

FWIW, my experiences with Turkish doubleguns have been that the S x Ss are much more dependable than the O/Us. I have seen several single trigger ills on Turkish O/U guns. None on the S x S guns, except for heavy trigger pull. And, that was just on my Yildiz.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Turkish equivalent to Yildiz as in quality and make. Should have stated it differently.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Don't have any experience with any other Turkish guns in the Yildiz class. FWIW, I place the Dickinson well above the Yildiz in terms of quality, and projected longevity.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have the Stevens 555. I acquired it a couple of seasons ago on an even trade I made. It was NIB. I haven't shot a ton of shells through it yet but so far no complaints of any kind. It's a nice light gun to carry. It's much better than the Stevens 512 predecessor.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Agree with Stan that the Turks are getting better. That being said, a guy with whom I shoot just ordered a new CZ 28ga sxs. Sideplated gun . . . model name escapes me. Around $1,000, so you wouldn't expect the quality of a Dickinson or an SKB. I was there for the gun's maiden voyage on the skeet field. He had problems with the trigger--both heavy and creepy. It also doubled once. I let him shoot a couple targets with my Parker Repro for comparison's sake. He went back to his Citori, planning on returning the gun. At which point I left.

Got the rest of the story this morning. Someone talked him into trying the sxs again. R barrel wouldn't fire at all. Dealer is returning the gun to CZ, being replaced by a new one. I should see him at the club next Weds for the next chapter of the story. From what I've seen in the past, CZ USA does a good job of compensating for lack of consistent quality control at the factory in Turkey with good customer service. We'll see if they get it right this time. If they do, that will mean they're at least better than my experience with Savage, which couldn't get me an acceptable Fox A Grade even on the 2nd attempt.

Last edited by L. Brown; 12/20/18 08:32 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Man what a timely thread. I literally just got my Yildiz 410 sxs 24hrs ago. I hope I have as good experience with mine as Stan has.

I know it is an economy sxs but it does seem nice.

Sidelock
Sidelock

After being completely discouraged by the Dickinson I bought a few years ago, I broke down this Summer and bought a 20ga Yildiz from a seller on this site. The same gun can be bought locally from Academy Sports out the door for less than $500. I love the Yildiz, even with a single trigger...Geo

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Geo, what's the count now on doubles? 2 or 3? Gil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.