April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (fab500), 1,085 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,134
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

My Uggy was cheap. I bought it after the tax on gun ownership hit those in Spain, and they were being dumped, here, although my Falcon wasnt in that group, anything from Spain was cheap, for a while.

Cole went through it. Never a problem, but, Cole going through it migh be cheating.

Best,
Ted

Ted, I bought my Ugartechea Falcon at a gun show, and it was just too cheap to pass up for the condition and overall quality. I didn't even know it was the Falcon model until you educated me. No one will confuse it for a "Best" gun, but fit, engraving, and finish certainly beats the current crop of Turkish doubles. Mine has never given me a bit of problems either. I shoot it quite a bit around the house at pests like grackles and crows. Grackles get pretty quick and evasive after they learn to flee the scene when they see you come outside with a gun, but the Falcon fits well and gets the job done. I feed it just about anything that I wouldn't put through my old vintage doubles. The comb on the stock is somewhat sharp, and it does smack your cheekbone a bit with heavy loads such as 2 3/4" and 3" magnums. But it is a light gun, as I recall, not much over 6 1/2 lbs.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

George- I am familar with the Win. M21- and a farmer friend has a M24 in 16 gauge- bit what is the history of this M22? I have never seen one. The Model 23- yes, a Japanese mfg. double, as were the Parker Reproductions- Thanks- RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

RWTF, read the link Ted posted above...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
My Laurona looks like the model 22, but is not marked Winchester anywhere I see. The model 100 was the one I was thinking about. I've seen one but never owned one. The Laurona is good enough for me...Geo

Got a picture of it, Geo? The Laurona model 22 guns with an English grip and splinter were crazy high quality, and cheap to buy. Trying to remember where I read about the guns that went to Sears, instead of Winchester.

But, the guys who were loitering around the sporting goods counter at Sears that day, might have gotten the deal of a lifetime. I seem to think Ole Cowboy might have had one or two.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith,
The Falcons are still under appreciated for what they are. Saw a .410 sell recently for well under 1K. Couldnt think of a good reason to buy it, other than it was cheap.
There was not much else that compared.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted here's a poor picture. The gun has side-clips, cocking indicators, a wood grip cap and an Old English pad. The fore-end is splinter with an Anson style latch. It is badged Laurona-Eibar...Geo

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 01/13/19 08:48 PM. Reason: added pic
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doesnt appear to be the same model.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't think so either upon comparison. Maybe it would look better being held by a good looking chick wearing a genuine french hat!..Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I dont think it looks bad.

When I was just a kid, there was a family that had left Germany, right after the war, and immigrated first to Canada, and then, here. The patriarch owned a Savage Fox BSE, and when I asked why he didnt have a German shotgun, he told me he couldnt afford a German gun when he was in Germany, nor could he afford to hunt. That all changed when he got to Canada, and continued when he got here. The Savage, he could swing the price of, with three kids. He also found places to hunt, that didnt cost money.

He was quite happy with things as they settled out for him.

A lot to be said for that. The old guy still lives near my Mom, alone now, and has never owned any gun but the Savage. The last few times Ive asked him to tag along, he has said he cant, but, thanks for asking.

A gun really just has to work.
Everything else, is just polish.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well it seems that some of the current British gun firms still have product confidence in whats left of the Spanish gunmakers, at least with Arrieta and Grulla.

I was looking at William Powells website and it looks to me like they have re-branded Arrietas model 557, 578 and 581 as their Marquis, Eclipse and Monarch guns. For a new hand crafted shotgun, they still seem reasonably priced, including a 5 year warranty. William Powell sxs shotguns

What about the French Chapuis Armes line of shotguns? I see Orvis is now importing a Chapuis Armes shotgun branded with their name Orvis Chapuis Armes. They look to be very nice guns. Does anyone have firsthand experience with Chapuis Armes shotguns?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.