April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (bushveld, 67galaxie, LeFusil, 4 invisible), 1,012 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,106
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

This "other" gunmaker's efforts come with a lifetime warranty. And, are built on a true triggerplate action.

https://dickinsonarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/dickinsonwarrantyform07-16-18.pdf

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I find the notion of a lifetime warranty an underwhelming reason to buy something.
My Schwinn bicycle, bought in 1972, had a lifetime warranty on its frame. Still have the bike, but, the warranty is long gone.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree to a point, Ted. But, I've never bought a product that had a true lifetime warranty that was not a very good product. I'm sure others have exceptions to my experiences. I also know that a warranty is only as good as the company behind it, and that company could go under.

I was overwhelmed by the quality of work, fine detail, built into the Dickinson. The split between the ejector faces is so hard to see, when they are both at the "bottom", that they could be mistaken for a one-piece extractor. The workmanship inside the trigger plate action as well. I need to take some good close up pics of some of these features to share. Hopefully that warranty will never be used, but one never knows. Doug Woodin took his apart and took some good pics, but I haven't looked to try and find them.

SRH

I looked until I found the post where Doug showed the internals on these guns, but the pics are not there anymore. Just three little blue boxes with a "?" in them. Does anyone know if they can be recovered?

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=302060

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 01/14/19 10:00 AM. Reason: additional info

Sidelock
Sidelock

Somehow, the straight hand grip with a double trigger seems to go together like branch water with sippin' whiskey. I have heard the arguments between a SST and a double trigger set-up-- faster choke selection- possibly the "ticket" for pass shooting, and incomers, where you want to fire the tighter choked barrel first, for birds at a distance, using the more open tube for the possible closer shots-

In all the years I have used my Dad's 12- M21- SST, AE- I have set the selector "button" in the trigger blade once to fire the LH barrel first- This is my only doublegun so equipped, some have DT with a POW grip- none with a straight handed grip like your gun shown here.

Thanks for sharing- fine gun indeed. Seeing a brace of bobwhites recalls "It takes a Gentleman to approach a Gentleman- Bobwhite being the "Gentleman's game bird"-- Maybe it was the late Robert Ruark who said that- whomever did, well said indeed! RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I shoot single triggers and double triggers equally well, or poorly. I have no problem switching between the two. That said, I prefer double triggers. For much of the hunting I do I get to shoot incomers .......... doves, ducks, crows. I love being able to go instantly to that rear trigger to kill an incomer way out there, then try for a double with the front trigger on another in the flock/drove as they close e distance on me.

I just can't switch a barrel selector well enough to do that, and with cold fingers it's not always easy to change them anyway, according to how they're made. Probably the easiest design to switch, and easiest to remember the setup, is the button on the trigger itself that moves from left to right, and back.........like the SKBs.

Reliability on modern single triggers is a non-issue. They have long been perfected. Older single triggers, not so much.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with you 100%- Today I believe your GA dove season ended, I hope you were able to escape farm responsibilities for a while and give them "speedsters" a final send-off.

I went out to visit a few of my back area dairy farms and feedlots- for pigeons. Perfect day, cool, no wind, overcast-. But as I like to "take my time" and see the farm countryside, I went via back dirt roads- boy howdy, the power lines were loaded with doves- and I thought they went South for the Winter, like the robins and orioles do-- Apparently that's not the case.

I got into some very good flights of pigeons- and I use the dead ones for decoys on the picked crop fields. And I bought 12 double for this- an 1928 era Ithaca NID- 30" choked imp. cyl. and imp. mod_ not commonly found in the 30" barrel configuration. DT, my preference, as like you detailed, I often shoot the LH barrel first at incomers, and use the RH more open choked barrel for the closer shots-

Plenty of room between the trigger blades, even for gloves, very smooth cocking gun, and great trigger pulls. Not a DHE Parker or a 3E Smith, but just a solid workmanlike gun. It is a Grade 2- some engraving, good walnut with decent checkering, pg capped, and a red Sunburst pad-- and it fits me perfectly-

It has extractors, whereas all my other double guns have ejectors. I do reload AA hulls, but the main reason I like to pick out the fired empties from the breech is out of respect for the farmers who allow me to hunt and shoot on their property whenever I wish to do so.

Livestock often pick up anything that attracts their attention- and if a cow should inject a empty shell the results could be digestive problems- and loss of income to the hard-working farmer/land owner.I dislike litter, will go out of my way to pick it up whenever I can- so the extractors fit the bill
for my barnyard shooting forays.

I also pick up the dead birds- call it "re-cycling" if you like. RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 01/14/19 06:31 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
I looked until I found the post where Doug showed the internals on these guns, but the pics are not there anymore. Just three little blue boxes with a "?" in them. Does anyone know if they can be recovered?

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=302060

SRH

Stan, I also noticed that most of the pics Doug PA24 posted here have disappeared. I don't even see the 3 little boxes with a "?" in them. Just blank space where photos used to be. I think he used PhotoBucket as an image hosting site, so it seems as if the losses continue to mount.

I know you are still able to use your PhotoBucket account. But I think it may be only a matter of time before you get hit too, and either pay the ransom, or lose what you have. It might be a good idea to back-up what you have.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good point.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for a good reminder, Keith, but mine have always been backed up. All my photos go into a photo account on my computer. I then upload the ones I want into photobucket. PB works fine for me ........actually it has gotten much more streamlined over the last few weeks. I still see ads for them asking me if I want to start paying. I just X out of them and continue like always.

I'm not sure the deal with Doug's old photos is photobucket. I'm thinking he used something else. Everywhere a photobucket pic has been deleted there is a picture of a stupid looking kitten in a box. On Doug's posts there are just the little tiny blue boxes with the "?" In them. I dunno.

I shoot doves tomorrow morning at first light, then it's no more until the first Saturday of September. Maybe I need to strip and clean, and Eezox, the Dickinson. I could get some good pics of the internals if I do that.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, what is Eeox? Being "Old School" I go with Hoppe's No. 9, Hoppe's or Rem oil, and WD-40.. Is it a product to use when you store a gun for the off-season? RWTF

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.