March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hoot4570, playing hooky, jcn, GeorgeGibbs505, SKB, Pat Gidley), 858 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,018
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#535239 01/28/19 06:14 PM
SDH-MT Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

adios

Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve's back! Must be time to use Dave's forum for a little more free advertising.

It would be inappropriate for Trinidad or any other gunsmithing school to advertise their services here, and it would be inappropriate for a gun book author to use this site as a vehicle of free advertising to promote and sell their books. But SDH-MT must think he is special.

Stevie hasn't been around for a while. But I was sure he'd come back when he had more classes to hawk or more books to sell.

I came across a post from our host and forum administrator Dave Weber where he stated how much it pisses him off when people take advantage of him by using his forum for free advertising. I'll post that quote later in the week when I am back at my PC.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SDH-MT Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

too bad

Sidelock
Sidelock

Steven, It's good to see your classes being offered again. I hope they'll fill quickly . I'd remind participants to bring their fly rods. The Yellowstone should be prime.

Bill Ferguson
SDH-MT Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

the demise of this forum is very sad

Boxlock
Boxlock

It's good to see you teaching those willing to learn. Not a lot of places on this earth that you can get this level of instruction in a short time.

To all the haters, go pound sand. Anyone can be a critic. There are very few that can produce the level of quality Steven does. And much less willing to pass along that art.

James

GUNMAKER
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is sad. Those of us who appreciate custom firearms are such a small fraction of the firearms community, it is unfortunate that a small number of people can ruin one of the few places we have to share our passion. It is not like Steve could run an add in one of the gun rags and get 1000's of people to attend his class. Sites like this are one of the only avenues available to reach that niche audience. Steve, I hope when time allows I can attend one of your classes. Maybe even ask James really nicely if I can stop by his place and peek over his shoulder for a few minutes on my way out. wink

John Holliger

Sidelock
Sidelock

John, do you think it would be appropriate for Trinidad College or Pennsylvania Gunsmithing school to advertise their classes in this forum, or in the main Doublegunshop shotgun forum?

There is a proper place to sell things here. SDH-MT is using it right now to sell a gun. Dave Weber has informed us that he is often willing to accept advertising in the For Sale section for non-doublegun things, subject to his approval and payment of the customary fee.

I have some philosophical and political differences with gunsmith member SKB, Steve Bertram. But giving credit where credit is due, go to the DIY Gunsmithing forum and see how much useful help and advice SKB has provided compared to SDH-MT. There is no comparison. Steve Bertram has shared lots of good advice. It is apparent that SDH-MT is here mainly to benefit himself. Just my opinion, as always, based entirely upon what I see and read here. And I held my tongue concerning SDH-MT until he launched into me while defending his Liberal pal rocky mtn bill. I think that makes him fair game. I don't expect you will agree, but I can deal with it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith. if Dave is concerned about Steven's postings, he's perfectly capable of dealing with it himself. Has he appointed you moderator? If not, why don't you cease your repetitive carping and go read a book? Better yet, why don't you, David K. Italian SxS and your sad little hand full of fans start your own site where you can rule supreme and ban all us folks who are sick and tired of your sorry commentary?

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JRAnderson
It's good to see you teaching those willing to learn. Not a lot of places on this earth that you can get this level of instruction in a short time.

To all the haters, go pound sand. Anyone can be a critic. There are very few that can produce the level of quality Steven does. And much less willing to pass along that art.

James

+1

I've seen the haters bullshit drive off very knowledgeable posters on other sites. A guy by the name of Rod Henrickson comes to mind.

Sorry to see you go Steven.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.