April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wild Skies, 2 invisible), 1,007 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,126
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Sounds much like the "War of Southern Stupidity". Let's not go there either.

I'll Go there. The "South" was not "Stupid" enough to "Start" the war. The lives of some 600,00-800,000 Americans lost lay Squarely on the Shoulders of ole "Honest mad Abe Lincoln. Had he followed the Constitution which he Swore to uphold, there would have been no war.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
William Tecumseh Sherman set the mold for later villains in wartime: Hitler, Himmler, Stalin, Tojo, Chairman Mao-- No war has any degree of civility in its battle plan-- The "War of Northern Aggression" left scars upon our land, whether North of South of the Mason-Dixon line, that still exist today-- RWTF

Sounds much like the "War of Southern Stupidity". Let's not go there either.

I still say that if James Watt had been an American, we'd have freed the slaves twenty years before the War Between the States due to obsolescence. But he wasn't and the southern economy was still dependent upon slave labor.

Southern secession was the result of northern insistence upon the federal 'right' to dictate abolition to the south. If the south had not seceded and fought an ill fated war over the right to withdraw, the southern economy would still have collapsed for 50 years due to the loss of labor.

Your knowledge of history may be better than my own...Geo

See lonesome, I can re-fight the civil war with the rest of'em.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern

See lonesome, I can re-fight the civil war with the rest of'em.

Lucky for the Brits the EU doesn’t have an army. Bloody secessionists.

How’s that coming along, King? (the eu army)

(let’s see if a world war breaks out)

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd be curious to know what part of the Constitution you think Lincoln, our greatest President, didn't follow? I suppose you will make some sort of 10th Amendment argument? (I will grant you that his suspension of the writ of habeous corpus during the Civil War was constitutionally suspect).

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
Sidelock

What do you say we stick with upland bird hunting and leave the Civil War to history?

Personally, I like hunting upland birds anywhere they are found.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am a southerner by birth and a Georgian by the grace of God, but refighting the civil war is silly. We lost and that was best in the long run for all Americans. The only flag I ever saluted was the Stars and Stripes...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

He started it! Hahaha JK. I'd much rather talk about guns, birds, dogs, etc.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
Sidelock

many southerners resisted invasion by federal armies to defend freedom and state sovereignty...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
many southerners resisted invasion by federal armies to defend freedom and state sovereignty...

Ed, Give it a rest!

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

The war between the states started in Kansas long before the Battle of Fort Sumter April 12–13, 1861, and no state as a % of the male population contributed more Union soldiers.

"Bloody Kansas"
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part4/4p2952.html

The killing of John Brown's son in the 1856 Pottawatomie Massacre got him started
https://www.kshs.org/kansapedia/john-brown/11731

But the terrible war ended like this for many, and maybe we can let them rest in peace

Constant Mayer - "Recognition North and South"

Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.