Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

Aha. Free license for pests. That makes sense . . . as long as there's not too much red tape involved in getting one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is my understanding that, in Texas, a person afield with any device designed to take any animal, game, non-game, pest, feral, or invasive specie, must have, in their possession a valid Texas Hunting license, with proper endorsements (depending on the game animal), and a valid form of identification establishing them as a Texas resident. In order to obtain a Texas Hunting license a person (born after 1973?) must have passed a State prescribed Hunter Safety Course (for which there is a fee).

I believe there are only 2 or 3 species of birds that are classified as non-game which are not prohibited to shoot. English Sparrows, Starlings and Barn Pigeons. There are invasive species such as collared doves, which have no season, can be shot all year round with no limit, but still require a hunting license. All others are game birds or prohibited species.

Even the hunting of feral hogs, possibly the most destructive animal in North America, requires a hunting license.

In addition to the above a person must have permission to hunt on the private property of another.

Now, in complete contrast to all of this, (and this rule may or may not still be in effect), If you live on your own property, you may hunt there without a license, and without the necessity of tags for deer, turkey or anything else, as long as no part of the animal is wasted or leaves the property. I'm not sure if it even has to align with regular hunting seasons. This is basically subsistence hunting and there are not many of those kinds of folks any more.

I'm going at a lot of this from memory, and my memory ain't what it used to be.

Alan

Sidelock
Sidelock

No license required for unprotected birds and mammals in Minnesota. That includes crows.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Larry, there is normally no form filling at all. Some forms are being issued as I understand it as an interim measure until it is all sorted out and reworded then it should be business as usual and back to no forms again. Certain normally protected species that become a pest can be shot after obtaining a license from Natural England. As a River Keeper I am granted an annual license to shoot goosanders and cormorants to protect wild trout stocks. I have to prove they are present and being destructive to wild trout. I then got a site visit to confirm and had to show what measures I had undertaken to prevent damage. All boxes ticked and license issued. Each year I have to fill in a return as to numbers shot. I had just submitted that the other day. Game don't require any license at all. An annual Ł6 license was required once but has been scrapped a few years ago. This covered game birds and deer and such; ducks and geese never required one. Game, ducks and geese are not affected by this temporary problem; most are out of season anyway except various deer species.

Scotland is administered by Scottish Natural Heritage. Someone with a problem there recently applied for a license to cull a few ravens. Checks were made and a license issued. The Licensee then received death threats from the animal rights lot as did S.N.H. so they caved in and revoked the license. The terrorists won in this case. Oddly, they will freely grant licenses to shoot deer at night to reduce numbers without any opposition. Many thousands were shot like this last year by forestry commission staff with carcasses left to rot in many cases.

Wales have caved in about allowing game shooting on Council owned land recently despite evidence to show that that other species benefitted by game preservation measures. I now understand that they are spending Ł600,000 of public money to employ Gamekeepers to protect certain waders on the land which had been carried out free of charge before by those who hunted the game they are no longer allowed to hunt.

We have a bit of a loony left animal rights lot here that seem to be able to freely make threats and people in authority just cave in. As they say 'empty vessels make most noise'. Lagopus….. Somewhat inconvenienced but in true British fashion it is 'Keep calm and carry on'.

Sidelock
Sidelock

One thing I have never been able to get my head around, folks making death threats against people here in Brit land who own and carry guns. Their name is correct "The Loony Left" these folks have no idea of reality about sporting people though your Roosevelt's words they should take note of in a way, each one carries a big stick.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!
Sidelock
Sidelock

I haven't encountered loony behaviour---quite the opposite, more likely rolling of the eyes with look of resignation---when I mention in the company of strangers shooting birds and animals where I live in North America.

For real sport, London is the best place to drop that I'm hunter and trapper. Especially in a pub. First, a shocked silence. Then the old white-haired man must be joking, especially one with a sweet, old white-haired wife.

I taper off the Englanders with soothing words that I don't apologize for what I do, and my type are like dinosaurs who won't last forever. When we die it will be as they want it to be. Often my victims buy me a drink.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Loony left is right. When they get real pissy, I ask them straight out how much money have they spent on promoting wildlife? Almost all say nothing or harp about joining some Nature Group. Then I explain I’ve spent tens of thousand on habitat improvement and game management. I ask them how many nesting boxes they put out for wood ducks? Zero is their answer. I’ve put out almost a thousand in my lifetime. I put out 30 this year alone on land that I’ll never hunt around. Just so more wood ducks can hatch a brood. Until they stop running their mouth about things and start doing real labor to make things better I won’t listen to anything they ever have to say.

The loony left is getting to be almost out of control here. They want to dictate policy based on whatever their own “facts” tell them. Never mind if their “facts” are all made up or just flat out wrong. They want to spend the money but not do any work of their own to earn any money.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I haven't encountered loony behaviour---quite the opposite, more likely rolling of the eyes with look of resignation---when I mention in the company of strangers shooting birds and animals where I live in North America.

For real sport, London is the best place to drop that I'm hunter and trapper. Especially in a pub. First, a shocked silence. Then the old white-haired man must be joking, especially one with a sweet, old white-haired wife.

I taper off the Englanders with soothing words that I don't apologize for what I do, and my type are like dinosaurs who won't last forever. When we die it will be as they want it to be. Often my victims buy me a drink.

I see you are still playing the same tired old song King... the one about the inevitable end of hunting and the shooting sports. Take a look at this current thread where Chad Linder gives us a report about his young son and other young men who attended the Southern.

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=544612&#Post544612

It looks like there is a new brood who are ready to replace anti-gun dinosaurs like you, and who hopefully won't be so willing to throw in the towel and hand the world over to Liberal Left anti-gun loons.

By the way, President Trump withdrew the U.S. from the U.N. Small Arms Treaty two days ago. Do you think Biden or any of your precious Liberal Left Democrat contenders would do the same to preserve the 2nd Amendment?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

JHJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah well, much ado about nothing. A loop hole discovered and re-legislated. Long live our pals in the UK! They are quite capable.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"It really does matter who we put in the White House when it come to maintaining our Constitutional Right to own and shoot firearms, and that includes our doubles."

keith, the treaty has nothing to do with our doubles. For all the good fortune of sons following fathers in our fraternity, where one comes in hundreds no longer have an interest.

There were more than a dozen gunners living on our road 30 years ago, running 10km from the Trans-Canada Highway to the Northumberland Strait. Now there's one in a gunner's paradise--me.

The NRA's infighting culminating in Oliver's departure and LaPierre talking extortion today, with New York opening an investigation of its finances, won't do much for the brand, either.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.