Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

unaware of any confederate strongholds in the north...

how many regiments were raised in the north to support the rebel cause?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
: a war between opposing groups of citizens of the same country

I took the liberty of quoting the definition from your link. One can readily see it proves my point. In the case of the /american /revolution the /war was fought After the colonies had declared their independence from GB. The So-called American Civil /War was fought After the South had declared itself independent from the US.
Getting past my bedtime, will address the rest tomorrow.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

agreed, the so called american civil war, was really a war between two cultures, based on two economic systems...

one based on master and slave and the other based on robber baron and free labor...

marx did not care for either one...

Last edited by ed good; 09/09/19 10:09 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Typically, the side that won gets to call it what they want and history records it as such, cause its written by.....

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Southern by birth and inclination, but as I see it the Americans won so it was a win for all of us. Call it anything you wish...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed;
I am familiar with the /whiskey Rebellion on Pennsylvania. It occurred while George Washington was President. The situation was totally out of hand, innocent people were being murdered. Local Law enfor cement simply did not have the manpower to control things, so Washington used this clause in the constitution to "Legally"send in back-up.

The situation in Charleston was in no way related to that in Penn. Everything which occurred in Charleston was on South Carolina soil, a part of the CSA & not the USA. The Constitution gave Lincoln ABSOLUTELY NO authority to send troops outside the USA. Immediately after Fort Sumter Lincoln called upon the States to provide 75,000 armed troops to "Invade the South". Yes I am well aware he used the term "Put Down the Rebellion" Be Honest, he did not need armed men to put down the rebellion IF they stayed on USA soil, did he??

Bottom line is the CSA did not start the War, it was ole Abe's War all the way.

Geo;
For a major portion of my life I felt exactly as you have stated. After all that was what I had been taught in School from the history books. Then One Day I came upon some info that didn't quite seem to match what I had been taught, don't recalll now kust what it was. This led me to begin searching for any bits & pieces of info I could find on this era.The more I dug the more I came to realize just how much we have been lied to over all these years. I then learned of the Sons of Confederate & that I would qualify so sought out a camp to join. You see they did not brainwash me into beconibg a member, I sought them out. I am currently serving as Cam commander of the B F Cheatham, Camp 72, Starnes' Division of the TN SCV. I stronglyurge anyone who has confederate ancestors to seek out an //scv cqmp & jjoin, then take an active role in it.

Preview

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Miller as much as I admire your posts and respect you as a person, I'll stick with what I said. The result of the "late unpleasantness" was the preservation of our country.

We'd never have become what we are today as two competing neighbors, and the war would have gone on, not over slavery which became obsolete anyway, but over westward expansion.

And yes, my forefathers fought under the stars and bars, but since have faithfully served the stars and stripes. In fact, I did too...Geo

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 09/10/19 11:19 AM. Reason: changed paragraphs
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 2-piper
Quote:
: a war between opposing groups of citizens of the same country

I took the liberty of quoting the definition from your link. One can readily see it proves my point. In the case of the /american /revolution the /war was fought After the colonies had declared their independence from GB. The So-called American Civil /War was fought After the South had declared itself independent from the US.
Getting past my bedtime, will address the rest tomorrow.

Warfare between England/ English troops and American colonists began in 1774, picked up steam through 1775, and by 1776 was so far and broadly under way that only declaring independence made sense.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not too many, Eddie- BUT there was a strong Confederate spy ring and underground network in Detroit, MI- a gateway from Canada to the East, and the order of the golden knights was fairly effective at spying and sabotaging the North under "Honest"????- Abe Lincoln and his anti-slavery gruppen--

Don't tell me the Northern industrial "robber barons" of the 1860-1870 era didn't batten themselves "big-time" on those lucrative Gov't wartime contracts- and how many of those "Captains of Industry" sent their sons off to die in the bloody war foisted upon the America public? Not very many is my guess-RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

how many of those "Captains of Industry" sent their sons off to die in the bloody war foisted upon the America public? Not very many is my guess-RWTF"...

some did...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Hall_(Harvard_University)

Last edited by ed good; 09/10/19 12:15 PM.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.