March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, Sandlapper, Jtplumb, Bob Jurewicz), 326 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,

yes, it is for all kinds of Treibjagd or Gesellschaftsjagd.
By the way, as you perhaps know, in Germany we speak of "Sonntagsjäger". It's a synonym for an unexperienced non-professional part-time hunter.
But that has nothing to do with the "Sonntagsstamperer".

Cheers,
Wolfgang

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wolfgang,
Yes I remember the term. I am really sorry things seem to be "going to pot" now, it seems that liberals are taking over everywhere. It is all lost to me even if I could get back over there. I can hardly walk to my truck now, I sure couldn't walk for hours through wet plowed fields with mist spread all over to "kick up" Hase or maybe Fasan from the edges. I miss it.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, I'm afraid you are right! Things become really worse and the golden und days of hunting are lost. But you (and me too) can treasure that time of happy hunting!
To be honest, even today I enjoy some good hunting with my dogs on driven hunts for wild boar, Red deer and roe deer. But of course this also will change in a not so far future... So: carpe diem!

Cheers,
Wolfgang

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gunwolf
Well, time for the first lesson in our webinar Waidmannssprache oder Jägersprache.

1. Red Deer Stag:

Eyes = Augen in German = "Lichter" for the Waidmann (Lichter means lights)

Nose = Nase in German = "Windfang" for the Waidmann (Windfang means catching the wind)

Ears = Ohren = "Lauscher" for the Waidmann (lauschen = listen intensely)

If you have learned this, don't be happy too early! Take a look at the Wild Boar and see the different terms. Here comes a Keiler:

Press on Wolfgang as I'm almost ready for the next installment. When is the exam?

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

OK, Raimey

A little exam, the following terms All stand for ears (Ohren) in the Waidmannssprache:
1. Lauscher
2. Teller
3. Löffel
4. Gehöre
5. Behang
6. Luser

Tell me at least one animal/game for each term.

Waidmannsheil,
Wolfgang

Last edited by Gunwolf; 07/03/19 08:54 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wolfgang:

I wish to defer the exam for a moment but will address it.

Many, many thanks to Wolfgang for ferreting out the info on the „Drahtläufe"(tubes formed from horseshoe nails, etc.) & the „Dühl“ which is formed into a rod or band and then converted into a tube.

„Man hat noch mehrere Künsteleien versucht (..has brought off the feat..) um gute, egale und besser haltende Rohre zu bekommen.
So hat man z.B. (for example) die Schiene des ordinairen oder das Band des gewundenen Rohres, nicht aus dem Löschfeuer des Eisenhammers schmieden lassen, sondern man schmelzte in dem kleinen Feuer des Rohrhammers einen eigenen Dühl von Draht, Hufnägeln und dgl. (similar) Stücken, welcher Dühl sodann ausgeschmiedet, und daraus die sogenannten Drahtrohre gemacht wurden“

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.