April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Chad Linder), 1,264 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,135
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have just the gun for you. It's a 10 bore , 3 frame Parker that Simmons sleeved, chambered for 3 inch 12 gauge and added their vent rib to the 32 inch tubes. They retained the 10 O.D. on the tubes. So if you are a good strong guy it's just for you. You could then become the owner of the world record Parker. After the massive barrels it has been torched for color and a MC stock added. The ultimate record holding pimped out Parker.
With choke tubes it should handle steel with ease.
bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

I always use 34g Eley Maximum loaded with bismuth #4 or #3.

The best gun I find is one that weighs a little over 7lbs and has 30" barrels. Unless only shooting very long range, don't over-do the chokes. 1/4 and 3/4 is plenty tight enough for inland and flighting in the UK.

You may find a stock that is a little shorter than your usual works better if you are loading o the clothing because of the cold.

I prefer to use a hammer gun or a boxlock non-ejectorwhen it gets wet and muddy.

I'd try and look for a Miroku. 99% the same as a BSS but you pay 1/2 the cost. Durable as you could ever ask for and swings like a dream. You can easily rechamber it to 3" if it is 2 3/4" and it will take a beating.
After ducking, throw a load of #6’s in her and chase some ringnecks with the best of them.

Dan
Sidelock
Sidelock

This thread makes me chuckle. Here's the gun you should be shooting, bar none, unless your interested in something modern.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...age=2#Post53090

The target lies within.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Eight pound Classic Doubles 201: brazed and chrome-lined barrels, vr, with Browning Inv choke system. Just add extened SS choke tubes (std inv or Winchoke) I doubt you can find a better modern SxS for wildfowling out there. The PB 626 'Onyx' 3.5" mag would be right at it's heels. A 3" version was also made for Orvis of Vt. by PB at one time.

Utah #55156 09/04/07 06:40 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lovely classic wildfowler, but how many 3" HeviShot rounds would it take to get right barrel burst?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Lovely classic wildfowler, but how many 3" HeviShot rounds would it take to get right barrel burst?

If you need to throw that kind of load to kill ducks, you're right this gun isn't for you. Heck, why stop there, get a big bore 10g. and really crank up the load...like I said, this thread makes me chuckle.

The target lies within.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

All,

Thanks for all of the suggestions - very nice reading . . . Well, I have a few to look for. I bought a CZ Bobwhite for my Son and was in fact quite impressed with the quality for the money and he shot it very well on open day doves . . . just had to shoot it. He likes the double triggers! He is eyeing my Grulla . . .

I might start with the CZ Ringneck but keep looking. I'm in SW Indiana which is not the Nice double capital of the Midwest.

Thanks again and good shooting.

WD

"Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun"
Utah #55196 09/04/07 10:10 PM
gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi, I'll chime in here. I was using a Spartan 210 in 12ga, 28" bbls with tubes. No problems with it at all, except a bit akward in the balance dept. This year I'm trying a BSA Classic in 12ga, 28" bbls, tubes, POW grip, SST. I don't use 3" shells very much (except for geese) I use 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 oz steel over decoys. This load was worked great for me.

Good Luck!!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jent P Mitchell lll
Hello Wiredducker, Buy a 10 gauge PARKER SXS with damascus barrels and shoot 12 gauge bismuth out of it by using GAUGEMATES. Gaugemates convert the chamber from 10 gauge to 12 gauge and the old Parker will shoot great for you. See the web site for gaugemates at --- http://gaugemate.com/gms.htm --- Good Shooting To You, Jent

I have a Parker DH 10 gauge with F/F chokes and 32" damascus bbls that is great on geese. I load low pressure smokeless and black powder loads of 1 1/8oz Bismuth #2. I also have a 10 gauge browning light 10, a Benelli SBE, Rem. 870 etc. and the Parker 10 is balanced better and swings better than any of the others. If you don't mind loading your own shotshells it isn't that difficult to cut down plastic hulls to 2 7/8" and load with IMR 7625. This is one of Sherman Bells Recipies. I have not shot ducks with the Parker 12's yet but will be doing so this season. Wish I had some #6 or #4 bismuth.

KjD

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.