September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
8 registered (LRF, swoobie, bushveld, Replacement, King Brown, 1 invisible), 99 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13670 Members
9 Forums
33652 Topics
466365 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#553108 - 08/20/19 08:28 AM Re: F/S Kromson 'Columbaire' trap [Re: Robt. Harris]
Stan Offline
Sidelock

Loc: somwers in Jawja
That's interesting, Paul. Thanks for describing the continuing use of them.

Friend of mine shot at Somontes, at Madrid, last spring, while on a two week trip touring Spain, and paying a visit to Kemen. He described the club in "glowing" terms. Said they set him up when he shot five practice birds, by giving him used or otherwise less than 100% birds. I would have expected that but, having never shot flyers, he didn't. He ran them, then a little later they invited him to shoot with them for a "few $$$". You can guess how that turned out.

Hope you're well.

SRH

#553184 - 08/21/19 05:44 PM Re: F/S Kromson 'Columbaire' trap [Re: Stan]
Run With The Fox Offline
Sidelock

Loc: Michigan
Maybe for a "Fistful of $'s?"" What were the "used birds?"- shopworn factory seconds?? Every barn pigeon I have shot was "carryin' the mail"-- can't speak for doves, but I know flighted pigeons in a high wind can be the ultimate challenge for the "Hombre con una escopeta, Si como no?"" El Zorro

#553188 - 08/21/19 06:24 PM Re: F/S Kromson 'Columbaire' trap [Re: mel5141]
eightbore Offline
Sidelock

Loc: Maryland
Somewhere in my files I have Shotgun News ads for Kromson traps of various styles. A live columbaire is a much better choice. This weekend, we used live throwers who were fresh after two full days.

#553210 - 08/22/19 09:39 AM Re: F/S Kromson 'Columbaire' trap [Re: Robt. Harris]
mel5141 Offline
Sidelock

Loc: Rolling Plains of Texas
The birds presented in the "practice" flyer session were culls, infirm, ill, or otherwise weak...... Clubs that hold great numbers of birds have Keepers that constantly monitor the condition of birds they are holding.....Illness can run rampant through any bird/poultry population held in close captivity....

As to my reference to "large numbers" Somontes, will hold 12-15,000 birds prior to, and during the King's Cup Competition in @40 days...
Somontes, works rigorously to provide highest quality Pigeon presentations in their contest.

While I hold myself out as an "expert" on very few subjects, I feel entirely qualified to comment on the Bird shooting at Somontes. I am a Member of the club and My History shooting there goes back to 1980 . I will be going over at the end of September .

Good Shooting to All

#553215 - 08/22/19 11:23 AM Re: F/S Kromson 'Columbaire' trap [Re: mel5141]
Run With The Fox Offline
Sidelock

Loc: Michigan
Thanks for the explanation. I have never shot competition flyer pigeons, but I surmise that there are two basic areas for competition- Columbaire and Box bird releases-- Didn't know they used so many birds, and that "keepers" monitored their condition. Being a long-time barn pigeon shooter on area farms and feed-lots, the birds I kill are almost always in full flight, or a circling awaiting their perch on top of silos or barn roofs- where they can crap all over to their hearts content--unless I have shot them in flight, in which case they feed the farm cats--

RWTF

#553284 - 08/23/19 01:21 PM Re: F/S Kromson 'Columbaire' trap [Re: Robt. Harris]
Robt. Harris Offline
Sidelock

Loc: western Montana
'SALE PENDING'

'Thanks' to Mel5141

Money to Dave upon shipment to buyer............

#553565 - 08/29/19 08:32 AM Re: F/S Kromson 'Columbaire' trap [Re: Robt. Harris]
Robt. Harris Offline
Sidelock

Loc: western Montana
'SOLD'

Money sent to Dave this AM.

#554186 - 09/04/19 12:02 PM Re: F/S Kromson 'Columbaire' trap [Re: Robt. Harris]
mel5141 Offline
Sidelock

Loc: Rolling Plains of Texas
Shipment received....Well concluded transaction, Robert......thank you for working with me on this sale/purchase..... A gentleman indeed, in anyone's books.
Best regards,

Paul

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.