April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,172 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,841
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Around here, Walmart is about the only place one can find things like dove and target loads in any quantity. The local hook and bullet store has closed, probably more as a result of government interference than of the WalMart effect. The next nearest place to buy bulk ammo is almost 100 miles away, unless one wants to go to the local chain store that seems to specialize in black guns and camo fashion attire. We can't order internet ammo without having it shipped to an FFL, and then have to go pick it up and pay for the transfer. Big pain in the ass. CA sucks. I'm keeping my reloading stuff for when TSHTF.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mom and pop shops can survive against WalMart if they are smart (and probably a little lucky). We were in Yuma for the weekend. Yuma is not a big town but it has three WalMarts. It also has Sprague's Sports, which is a single, family-owned store. Sprague's probably gets 10X-100X the customer traffic per square foot of store space as the Walmart sporting goods departments. Why? Good marketing, attractive store, knowledgeable help, great selection of product, competitive pricing. Sprague's was a zoo all weekend, while the two Walmarts we stopped at were almost deserted. But Walmart has the advantage of selling sandwiches and beer, so we had to stop there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Amazing! I agree with Craig, King, and jOe in consecutive posts.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Amazing! I agree with Craig, King, and jOe in consecutive posts.

I think its only because I held back a little.

You should consider writing wm and telling them your voting affiliation. Explain that every MT small town that has a wm has an old time Main Street where theres boarded up widows and space available signs. Tell them it is what it is, but they are letting down regular folks who need firearms for their livelihood and way of life, not for political opportunity. And none of that nonsense that you dont have a gun along with you, others might, right?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, It's your idea; you write WM. I'm sure they'll change their ways as soon as you point out the error of their ways. They're probably waiting to hear from you. PS: None of what passes for small towns here has a Walmart. There's that to be thankful for.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yup-- My favorite bumper sticker re: Wally_Mart World-- "Wal-Mart- where redneck America buys their cheap Chink-made crap at bargain prices!"

We only bought ammo at Wal-Mart for our handguns because: (1) their retail pricing beat Cabela's- and years ago, also Gander MT. (2) Their store in here in town, Cabelas-Bass-Blow Shop and the f0ormer GM outlets were in Grand Rapids- 35 mile drive each way-- So, no more bargain pricing on CF handgun ammo- we have kept all our brass casings, may have to get into reloading for handgun shooting. However, for CPL situations, when I feel the need to carry a handgun- then and then only-- Premium factory loads, price is NOT a consideration for a potential SHTF scenario.. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Walmart is a godsend to the working poor. Last time in my doctor's office, she said half of health issues showing up in her office could be cured by a living wage.

Sidelock
Sidelock

lots of living wage jobs down here...also, lots of lazy obama era bums still lookin fur sum thin fur nuttin...frum da gubmint...

dats watt our 2020 lection gonna really be bout...really...

Last edited by ed good; 09/05/19 06:24 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

wonder if it would now pay for mom and pop stores to buy ammo by the pallet for resale at competitive prices? considering that once a customer is in their store, they most likely might buy something else?

Last edited by ed good; 09/05/19 06:25 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Last time in my doctor's office, she said half of health issues showing up in her office could be cured by a living wage.

Yup, that and cut out the booze and drugs, will do it every time. I assume you like your doctor, because you can keep your doctor? It's a catch 22. If you fire her and don't have to pay her, then your taxes go down and everyone makes a living wage, eh? Bingo, socialized medicine is designed to cause half the illness in Canada, to appear relevant, eh?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.