April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jeremy Pearce, ChiefC, David Williamson, 2 invisible), 778 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,444
Posts544,814
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

And he does a great job of it-Teddy!. Just hope old Mitch McConnell keeps those gun seizure bills passed by the House where they belong- in da crapper. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

What I think the Democrats are really thinking about is an outright ban on AR-15 type gun but no buy back. Simple turn in or we throw you in jail. How would they buy them back? How to establish a fair value for a gun which the owner might have between 500 and 1500 dollars invested in? Flat rate price, show cost invested to get reimbursed or just here is 50 bucks for your now outlawed gun. Getting ten percent or less of value in return I suspect will lead to a lot of guns being reported stolen.

What amazes me is that the left seems to think the right are full of sheep. We don't need quiet, safe places. We don't need comfort animals. We don't need hate speech, which is anything we don't say, banned. And last time I looked the right had about 300 million guns, with several trillion bullets, a clear willingness to shoot them and very little tolerance to be bullied into doing things we really think are unconstitutional.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think bans are a smoke screen. They would take it if they could get it, but I believe the goal is to ‘compromise’ with enough rinos to give backdoor registration a foothold.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
I think bans are a smoke screen. They would take it if they could get it, but I believe the goal is to ‘compromise’ with enough rinos to give backdoor registration a foothold.

On point analysis, but, far, far, above the ability of either chris or bill to understand.

Of course, they will paint that as Craig’s fault, not their own inability to grasp a simple point. These are people who can understand the constitutional idea of a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, until they drive past an abortion clinic.

Then, it is forgotten.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Obviously, none of you guys heard what the lefty (don't even know his name) actually SAID about AR 15s. Maybe someone will put it in quotes for us.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And, he said it about sk's, and he generally mentioned weapons of war. What I believe is still important is that no law abiding gun owner, on either side of the aisle, can point to honest and factual reasons for their policy and the tactics they're using or give a factual assessment of how the results will either improve safety or quench their appetite for more.

The only reason for being wowed by what some of these characters say, is to legitimize their position. I still believe they will take an inch or a mile, both gladly, and it will happen only because, policy makers on the right will capitulate to their feelings.

I believe registration, due to taxing, fees and criminalization, will be far more significant and consequential than any firearm specific ban that may or may not happen. If the law is followed, there is no 'loophole', so what do you think needs closing?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Obviously, none of you guys heard what the lefty (don't even know his name) actually SAID about AR 15s. Maybe someone will put it in quotes for us.

OK, here's what Beto O'Rourke had to say:

“Hell yes, we’re going to take away your AR-15, your AK-47,”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-e...s-idUSKCN1VY2FP

Message to those Libtards and FUDD's among us who continue to say that Liberal Left Democrats pose no threat to gun rights.... What this Democrat candidate is talking about is confiscating the legally purchased and Constitutionally protected private property of law abiding U.S. citizens.

And nothing would make this process easier to accomplish than a National Universal Gun Registry, i.e., Universal Background Checks.

Once you hand someone the power to take away your guns, you have handed them the power to do or take anything else from you and your children. And we have a number of grown men that regularly post here who are that stupid.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yup, that's what I'm talking about. For all of you that didn't take in the debate, Keith gave it to you. Yup, it's confiscation. He's the first lefty to admit what the agenda is.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Right on the money, Keith. That's exactly what that idiot from El Paso said, and means to do if elected our next POTUS== and the 2nd. and 4th amendments be dammned-- He's a rabid zealot, and is potentially more dangerous than any of the other clowns that participated in the ABC lead event. He even has that mantra on T-shirts now, and if those of us who read this forum, NRA members or not, don't wake up and see that this O'Rourke clown doesn't go down in flames, we could be stuck with him-- don't think so- stuff happens, and if we fall asleep at the switch, we will pay the price for our loss of vigilance. RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 09/17/19 05:24 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Whoa. Aren't you guys forgetting the alive-and-well 51 other constitutions? All politics is local, and often more effective than the federal. NRA was well established as local affiliates long before the 2008 decision. Brady took the national path and went nowhere. State constitutions sometimes offer more protection that the US Constitution. Organize. Supreme Courts can be picky on what cases they will hear, and pols run to the woods on the big ones. Organize. There's big risk to relying on federal courts and federal rights. Organize.

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.