March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, Jeremy Pearce, Dave K, Borderbill, battle), 777 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Sidelock
Sidelock

The big lie about gun rights is that any concession leads to inevitable confiscation. I've asked this question here before, but no one responded: What about Class III weapons? Folks own machine guns, but no one uses them for mayhem. They don't get confiscated. What is the objection to Class III designation for assault rifles? If you want to keep them, show that you're willing to put a barrier in front of loonies. Otherwise, your position is that you'd prefer to see the continued random slaughter of innocent people to asking gun owners to accept a minor inconvenience.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Th big lie is whenever you hear we only want reasonable gun control laws. We dont want your guns. Well one came out and said it directly. Yes we want your guns. It will be just AR-15s first. Then semi automatic pistols. Then all handguns. It will never stop. Give an inch and it will not satisfy them in the least. It will embolden them to come back again and again for more.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....All politics is local, and often more effective than the federal....

....State constitutions sometimes offer more protection that the US Constitution. Organize....

Whoa, I wouldn't call it protection, more whims and regs to restrict, eh?

What makes me think that anyone who would sing the praises of state and local politics is a democracy by mob rule kind of fellow, and not understanding or respectful of the Representative Republic US system so carefully crafted to protect the least among us? Yet, it is so vilified and under attack by the very same folks that need organizing against? Huh?

And, what makes you say there is no pro second organization? You aren't advocating for the appearance disunity to propagate a failure mantra, are you?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....What is the objection to Class III designation for assault rifles? If you want to keep them, show that you're willing to put a barrier in front of loonies. Otherwise, your position is that you'd prefer to see the continued random slaughter....

Bill, I used to think it was funny that you babble incoherently, but now I suspect there is a deeper, philosophical meaning. Awe never mind, I understand you.

So Bill, please explain what other Constitutional Right that you have preserved for yourself, because you were forced to keep it from loonies? Do you think that just because you're a loonie, and I can't stop you from loonie talk, that the nation should lose freedom of speech?

Why don't you visit one of your recreational shooting ranges on any MT weekend with decent weather, and lecture the informal target shooters that their intent is death. How about those highly competitive and popular precision shooting matches that go all summer out in MT, do you judge the appropriateness of their decisions for long range target shooting? How about the big game hunting season that's just about here, are there going to be any 'AR' style hunting rigs out there? Are you going to stop and have a pleasant tailgate chat with some dad and his boy about the small cow elk they're tickled about, or lecture him on the evils of assault weapons?

I couldn't care less about Cl III firearms discussion, they are a clearly defined category. What I am asking of you, is a '98 Mauser or an '03 Springfield weapons of war that might have a little lipstick on them, or are they in Bill's special exempt from discussion category?

If I took the position that I want random slaughter, what makes you think I can't just say it? What makes you think I've ever even hinted about it. When the thought 'big lie' pops into your head, run over to the mirror and look for a moment before your start pecking on your keyboard, eh?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Beto O'Rourke is certainly not the first Liberal Left Democrat to propose confiscation and outright bans of entire classes of firearms. California Congressman Eric Slawell recently proposed the same thing, and he even suggested that the U.S. Military would be used to round them up and deal with anyone who refused to comply. Sen. Dianne Feinstein famously told us that if she "had her way, Mr. and Mrs.America, (she) would round them all up."

craigd mentions Billy's bolt action Mausers. Some Democrats wish to ban those as well, since they fire high velocity ammunition capable of penetrating police body armor.

So rocky mtn bill's proposal is just more of his agenda driven bullshit. The Las Vegas shooter was a multi-millionaire who passed all background checks, and who could have afforded all the Class 3 full auto firearms and ammunition he desired. Had he taken the Class 3 full auto path, Billy's Liberal Left Democrats would be screaming to ban and confiscate all of those firearms as well. And don't forget the 86 people killed and hundreds injured in the recent attack in Nice, France where a Muslim terrorist drove a truck into a crowd. There are numerous other mass killings that did not involve the use of firearms. I personally think that every effort should be made to capture mass killers alive. Then they should be used as organ donors while they are still alive... without anesthesia. I think that might serve as a better deterrent to mass murder than taking away the Constitutional rights of law abiding citizens. But Libtards like Billy are against the death penalty... And they are in favor of aborting innocent unborn babies. Sick bastards....

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think that "UnIntentionally" Bill pretty well answered the question.
The problem in the 30s was not truly in the availability of "Tommy" guns & Sawed of Shotguns & such but in Prohibition, a law which was Unsupported by the masses. This brought on the NFA of 34. That got the foot in the door. That foot was stuck in Much Deeper with the 68 GCA which stopped the importation of all Mil-Surp guns then as well as many fine little pocket pistols such as the Walther PPK. Later, I forget the exact date now but thanks to the NRA & other concentrated efforts, parts of the 68 law were repealed. Somewhere in the 80s as I recall I was able to purchase a 9mm Makarov, A 9mm Largo Star Super & a 1917 S&W .45 ACP of the Brazillian lot made in 1938.
At the time I had an FFL & ordered several Mausers for others, only kept one for myself, a Nice little Mexican Small Ring, Short Action 98 style in 7 mm.

It should be quite obvious that each & every little law which is passed, pushes that door a bit wider. IF you suspect there's a thief at your door you do not protect your property by opening the door just a crack, & then Willfully opening it further in small increments, when you "KNOW" his ultimate goal is to enter your house & Rob you Blind.

Thanks, R M Bill for that most excellent post which Laid the Tactics out so clearly, even though I fully understand it was accidental. As has been pointed out on many occasions the Ultimate Goal has been well stated on numerous occasions.

As I have stated on numerous ooccasions the 2nd Amendment is NOT about hunting & target guns, it IS about defensive guns. Read it, It starts with a Well Regulated Militia. This does not even imply as I heard one reporter say on TV once that it sanctioned Gun Regulation. No, it said the Malitia was to be regulated & that meant they were to be familiar with using said guns, therefore the following "The Right of the People to Keep & Bear Arms Shall Not be Infringed".

King;
That made that Federal & was meant to Prohibit any State or City from Infringing upon that Right. All laws which were not specifically stated in the Constitution were to be left to the Individual States. The 2nd Amendment was clearly laid out in the Constitution.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Miller, how do state and local laws accommodate the 2nd where they differ i.e. stand ground, conceal carry, access public spaces etc. I understand Scalia's "limited rights" but it seems state and local law is often protected as part of the democratic process.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 2-piper
....As I have stated on numerous ooccasions the 2nd Amendment is NOT about hunting & target guns, it IS about defensive guns....

This is understandable Miller, but Bill won't even define what he believes an assault weapon is. He shouldn't have to be reminded, but there are many examples of lawful use of the arms that beto wants to confiscate. Certainly, Bill should be questioned when he demonizes an object with absolutely no sound reasoning that he backs with facts.

I'd hope that just because Bill throws out an absurd gun control notion, that no one thinks it is a position that deserves credibilty and negotiating a 'compromise' from there is a 'win'. As you mention, he has nothing other than he feels like being a thief.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill's suggestion that assault weapons be lumped in with and controlled like Class lll weapons is not as benign as it sounds. New manufacture of Class lll automatic weapons was BANNED in 1986.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Bill's suggestion that assault weapons be lumped in with and controlled like Class lll weapons is not as benign as it sounds. New manufacture of Class lll automatic weapons was BANNED in 1986.

Did everyone notice how fast rocky mtn bill and King disappeared when confronted by Miller and eightbore with their true agenda?

In time, more and more gun guys will hopefully begin to see that those who support Liberal left Democrat anti-gunners are stabbing us in the backs. They are not our friends. We do not need to bring Trojan Horses into our community. We are better off without them.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.