May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (dukxdog, SKB, 1 invisible), 326 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,566
Posts546,397
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I can sure understand that. Interestingly, where I grew up (& perhaps even here) venison is viewed somewhat suspiciously by folks that don't hunt. It's described as being "gamey" and tough and, perhaps more perniciously...it's associated with people that don't have any education, culture, or other food options. Both of those ideas are rooted in some very deep ignorance and even some serious (possibly elitist?) snobbery. I can't imagine not having some in my larder and not serving it regularly in our menus here. I also like beef and enjoy it immensely when the opportunity arises, but I serve it far-less regularly.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 12/17/21 06:01 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
The title is just foreign to me. The words "excessive" and "hunting" just don't go together. Put together, they are an oxymoron......... kinda like "living in Atlanta". confused

Better, “Retired, in Detroit”.

Totally alien. Totally screwed up.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
My cardiologist recommends 200 minutes per week of elevated cardiovascular burden.

That's probably a generic suggestion. My doc told me to start back jumping rope like I used to do when I competed in martial arts sparring matches. I did so, and built up to 200 reps of double jumps per rope count/session quickly, and that requires about four minutes per session. But, in three weeks I had lowered the upper number of my BP by about 30 points and the lower one by about 20. Some people may require more cardio than others to reach their goal ........ and, their goals may be different. My goal is to never be put on BP meds. The rest of the benefits are gravy.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
You have a female doctor?Wow--different lifestyles in Colorado I guess. No way in Hell am I going to allow a Lady Doctor to check me for prostate related items. RWTF

Best cheap thrill out there.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

He started out recommending 150 minutes which was 30 minutes a day five days a week.

But after a month or so of doing that, 10 minute miles weren’t raising my heart rate.

So we upped the ante. 40 minutes a day, HR of 200 minus my age times 80% for those 40 minutes.

I’m doing a hunt on Kodiak island next year and I want to be able to drag an animal down to the beach without it being miserable.

Last edited by ClapperZapper; 12/17/21 08:05 PM.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
You have a female doctor?Wow--different lifestyles in Colorado I guess. No way in Hell am I going to allow a Lady Doctor to check me for prostate related items. RWTF

Best cheap thrill out there.
JR

Lady Docs don’t seem to come cheaper than Man Docs hereabouts....

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

… My doc told me to start back jumping rope...

…and for goodness sake, STAY AWAY FROM PONTOON BOATS!

I see your cheap, illegitimate, amphibian spawn Toad Shefelbein is up to his usual games.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Lloyd3
I can sure understand that. Interestingly, where I grew up (& perhaps even here) venison is viewed somewhat suspiciously by folks that don't hunt. It's described as being "gamey" and tough and, perhaps more perniciously...it's associated with people that don't have any education, culture, or other food options. Both of those ideas are rooted in some very deep ignorance and even some serious (possibly elitist?) snobbery. I can't imagine not having some in my larder and not serving it regularly in our menus here. I also like beef and enjoy it immensely when the opportunity arises, but I serve it far-less regularly.

Someone severed me marmot tikka masala, of all things, the other day...

Pretty good.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by lonesome roads
… My doc told me to start back jumping rope...

…and for goodness sake, STAY AWAY FROM PONTOON BOATS!

I see your cheap, illegitimate, amphibian spawn Toad Shefelbein is up to his usual games.

Crazy F-er thinks a Cub is a motorcycle.

Best,
Ted

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.