May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (bushveld, gil russell, 1 invisible), 1,068 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,621
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

John:
You are a kind man to use me as an example of how men should respond to one another. I am both humbled that anyone would think this and amused at the same time. I have mentioned, in the past, that I see many flaws when I look into my mirror in the morning. This does not make me anything but human and a man that is growing old and hopefully gaining humility. I am not there as yet, but trying.
I would like to use a tad of Dave's bandwidth to recount a story.

I once knew a magnificent woman whose name was Mary DeMerril. She was a chemist that was about 35/40 years older than I. She drove a red MG B with a fifth of Jack Daniels under the seat. What a woman!!!
Many years later, I moved to John's Island, S.C. and was delighted to find that she had retired and lived two properties from mine. Mary was now in her early eighties and STILL a hoot and character.
I grant that Mary lived an eccentric lifestyle (had many boyfriends and never a husband) and had the reputation of being a nut.:} She once told me that the pine trees that I grew on my land were causing the island to sink. Any fool would know that the trees used the nutrients in the soil to grow tall, and thusly the depletion of the soil and the weight of the trees were lowering the land mass. Yep, nuts.
She came to my garden, one day, styrofoam cup of Jack in hand, and after an interesting conversation about heart attacks and strokes (she claimed that she had had both that morning) made a statement that told me all I ever needed to know about this interesting but painfully lonely woman. She stated that if one acted crazy enough and made enough noise, one could have anything they desired from others.
I concluded then that one can be alone and not be lonely. At the same time, be amongst many and be very much alone. It is the wont of some, that have few if any friends that they can be fully open,honest and at ease, to make a lot of noise and do less than friendly things.
Perhaps this is the time to mention a few names. Bill Wise, Oscar Gaddy, Wilhelm were men who, to my recollection, went out of their way to be kind, understanding and offer both academic info along with friendly chiding. These men, have passed to God and we shall always remember them amongst others. They were Emeralds Amongst Wheat. Who amongst the lesser ones will we remember now or will recall in the future?
Thanks for reading and perhaps there is something of value in this for all to profit by.
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike Harrell'
I'm dyin' to stop...they won't allow it...can't you read? Why won't you ask them to stop? There must be a reason...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Robert, no one on this board wants a truce: "an agreement for a TEMPORARY cessation of hostitilities." (OED). All want this childish and churlish behaviour to stop. This is a board for adults.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Amen King Brown.....I wish Lord Robert would just shut-up.

I like the story John reminds me of a nUt on this board.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well there you have it folks...according to King Brown, nobody wants a truce...but please, do not cross the meaning of "adults" with racists...King Brown, you too refuse to ask them to stop, temporarily or permanently...and I'm happy to know that you speak for everyone "on this board"

At any moment lowell could have posted the word truce, or said hey, I'll refrain from anymore offensive posts...but he won't

Sidelock
Sidelock

Robert,
Please read again the topic of this thread "Chambers-Thorny-Joe".

You have allowed yourself to be put in the same boat with Thorny and Joe.

If one goes, you all must go !!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

What is wrong with yOu...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Classicioi,
do you think I like this?...whenever I try to stop, they start up again...it is THEY who won't stop...go ahead and ask them...they don't deny it

Sidelock
Sidelock

Come on Lord Robert tell Docta jOe what's wrong ?

Let's see you have called me a hOmo...a racist dog and I'm sure a few more things...attacked poor Lowell every where he posts and called him numerous names.

I agree Lord Robert Chambers you owe this board an appology..don't bother with me because I won't accept one from the likes of you.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mr. Chambers. No one is singling you out, BUT if you would just read all of the drivel you have just written, you might learn something. STOP! QUIT! Keep your postings to Double Gun subjects only.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.