May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (bushveld, LGF, 1 invisible), 668 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,508
Posts545,632
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by limapapa
Keep a low profile, stay off the beaten track, never put anything in writing you don't want used against you, be careful what you say on the cell phone, talk in public like an NFL coach with a playbook in front of your mouth, lay out your defensive perimeter, heed Sun Tzu, and make sure you have the appropriate tools to get the job done. These are prudent life rules to follow anytime, not just now. Wolverines.
You mean NOT like Donald Trump when he got recorded saying he loved to grab women by the P--------. Or he couldn't quote a single verse from the Bible. Ok. Gottcha!!

Last edited by Jimmy W; 02/24/24 09:19 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback
Originally Posted by craigd
.....none of that negates my point. Which is that to combat that shit you need long term activism. Not simply a different political or leader for the next 4 year cycle.

You can complain or make excuses as to why one can’t or it’s too hard or they are too well entrenched. But what I am saying is the way you start to take back society. You think you have it tough now? Imagine being a gay trans guy in the 1960s in the Deep South. You don’t think the entire forces of government and culture were arrayed against him?....
Your point is too idealistic, and is not grounded in today's reality. But, and this is hugely important, does any of your long term activism theory negate other's points?

I think it's time for you to show, when has law enforcement, administrative branch of government in the form of prosecutors, or judicial branch activism, ever gone after, harmed, left wing social agenda activism? I think it's wrong for you to frame right wing activism in terms of laziness to resist, time, money and energy inconveniences. Wisconsin comes to mind when state republican party members, activists if you will, faced leo forcible home searches and seizures of property. The half billion ruling against Trump with no victim, or the Georgia election shenanigans against Trump. Well, you know there are many examples.

That’s easy Craig. Think law enforcement in the Deep South in the 1960s. Those guys were not on board with what the liberals from Washington and the judiciary were trying to force on them.

Or how about the union busting that went on for the first half of the last century.

James,
The Deep South was blue. Jim Crow laws, the enforcement of same, and the KKK were all facets of the democrat party. I hope James Flynn sees this, I had a nice conversation with him just recently about this. He literally had trouble registering as a republican. He has always lived in the south.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
Originally Posted by limapapa
Keep a low profile, stay off the beaten track, never put anything in writing you don't want used against you, be careful what you say on the cell phone, talk in public like an NFL coach with a playbook in front of your mouth, lay out your defensive perimeter, heed Sun Tzu, and make sure you have the appropriate tools to get the job done. These are prudent life rules to follow anytime, not just now. Wolverines.
You mean NOT like Donald Trump when he got recorded saying he loved to grab women by the P--------. Or he couldn't quote a single verse from the Bible. Ok. Gottcha!!

Do you think it was heard in all 57 states?

Asking for a friend.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: mc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by craigd
.....none of that negates my point. Which is that to combat that shit you need long term activism. Not simply a different political or leader for the next 4 year cycle.

You can complain or make excuses as to why one can’t or it’s too hard or they are too well entrenched. But what I am saying is the way you start to take back society. You think you have it tough now? Imagine being a gay trans guy in the 1960s in the Deep South. You don’t think the entire forces of government and culture were arrayed against him?....
Your point is too idealistic, and is not grounded in today's reality. But, and this is hugely important, does any of your long term activism theory negate other's points?

I think it's time for you to show, when has law enforcement, administrative branch of government in the form of prosecutors, or judicial branch activism, ever gone after, harmed, left wing social agenda activism? I think it's wrong for you to frame right wing activism in terms of laziness to resist, time, money and energy inconveniences. Wisconsin comes to mind when state republican party members, activists if you will, faced leo forcible home searches and seizures of property. The half billion ruling against Trump with no victim, or the Georgia election shenanigans against Trump. Well, you know there are many examples.

That’s easy Craig. Think law enforcement in the Deep South in the 1960s. Those guys were not on board with what the liberals from Washington and the judiciary were trying to force on them.

Or how about the union busting that went on for the first half of the last century.

James,
The Deep South was blue. Jim Crow laws, the enforcement of same, and the KKK were all facets of the democrat party. I hope James Flynn sees this, I had a nice conversation with him just recently about this. He literally had trouble registering as a republican. He has always lived in the south.

Best,
Ted

Ted, I'm also well aware of that. Craig asked for examples where activists had been actively suppressed by the state. And at that time there was a clear delineation between Washington Liberals and Southern Democrats.

Once more, you guys mix up party politics with social and cultural activism. Exactly what I am trying to bring to your attention.

The party politics of the Deep South evolved when the Dems figured out how to use the black populace and the evolving social climate to their advantage. I'll never believe George Wallace had a change of heart. He simply figured out a more effective approach in a new world. That's what good politicians do. The culture changed......then the politicians change to take advantage.

Last edited by canvasback; 02/24/24 11:28 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
1 member likes this: mc
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Poor Jimmy has trump derangement syndrome. jimmy tell us about "sniffer ,groper ,fondling JOE"

2 members like this: Ted Schefelbein, keith
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

If we don't get more involved use social media get a cohesive message we will all suffer the failure.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
If we don't get more involved use social media get a cohesive message we will all suffer the failure.

Hopefully the Supreme Court will rule correctly on Monday.

And one thing you guys may want to take a second look at is the USSC ruling that unleashed the SuperPACS. Calling limits on election spending "free speech" is insane and has contributed mightily to the chaotic, billionaire dominated, two out of four years spent raising money, election system.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Conservatives contribute to the parties and candidates of their choice. Liberals don't. Liberals depend on deep pocketed donors. The more election spending limits in place, the more the Right has an inherent advantage over the Left.

We cut out corporate donations, union donations, personal donations over $2000. The parties up here are funded by average taxpayers. And the Right typically raises 3x to 4x the money the Left does. It was one of the last things the previous centre right government did before it left office and our current Blackface wearing Turd took over. It was a brilliant tactical move by the right.

Last edited by canvasback; 02/24/24 01:13 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc

Hopefully the Supreme Court will rule correctly on Monday.

And one thing you guys may want to take a second look at is the USSC ruling that unleashed the SuperPACS. Calling limits on election spending "free speech" is insane and has contributed mightily to the chaotic, billionaire dominated, two out of four years spent raising money, election system.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Conservatives contribute to the parties and candidates of their choice. Liberals don't. Liberals depend on deep pocketed donors. The more election spending limits in place, the more the Right has an inherent advantage over the Left.

We cut out corporate donations, union donations, personal donations over $2000. The parties up here are funded by average taxpayers. And the Right typically raises 3x to 4x the money the Left does. It was one of the last things the previous centre right government did before it left office and our current Blackface wearing Turd took over. It was a brilliant tactical move by the right.

The shit you make up is astounding.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Craig asked for examples where activists had been actively suppressed by the state. And at that time there was a clear delineation between Washington Liberals and Southern Democrats.

Once more, you guys mix up party politics with social and cultural activism. Exactly what I am trying to bring to your attention....
Let's try it this way? Just because it's repeated, doesn't make it truth?

I can see and understand your examples, but I was hoping for examples that reflect the realities of today. I hope you can also see that the examples you came up with do not support what you are trying to bring to attention. I don't mind, it came across to me as a tit for tat response, and didn't really move the needle towards you theory. I saw politics and activism are necessarily intertwined, you say they are distinct and one requires the other in sequence. But, the examples and discussions you have are highly political?

Today, there are extremely high delineations between traditional democrats and progressives, but they always vote en masse. Emphasis on today. President Trump was an activist on social media, which won him an election, but also got him banned from the platform with retaliatory prosecutions and intimidation of most of his advisors, as well as himself.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
.....The shit you make up is astounding.
What, you don't like blackface hypocrisy stories?

2 members like this: mc, Ted Schefelbein
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.