March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (LRF, bsteele, David Williamson, Ted Schefelbein), 826 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 27 28
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nobody yet has been able to state one thing that Obama or Hillary have accomplished. Nor many directly attributed to John McCain. Mc-Cain-Feingold is one but not a very popular one. Being a POW doesn't automatically make one a hero, either, just makes him a former POW. Ditto for being a veteran. Remember John Kerry?
Somehow, as soon as a veteran becomes a politician he becomes a "war hero", whether he actually did anything heroic or not. Lots of differing opinions on various websites as to McCain's record of "heroic" deeds.
However, I'll take him over HC or BO, any day.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gun legislation is in the future regardless of who takes office. As for the vehement comments about the candidates...all I want are people who will stop looting the Treasury and Constitution and giving it to their friends. I work hard for that money and I want it spent reasonably wisely so all will benefit, the rights we all know about.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You know,I am way too intelligent and genuinely concerned about the future of my Country to be limited to voting as directed by the NRA based on just one issue...gun control. However, if we don't continue to bloc vote this issue, we're really going to be legislated out of our right to bear arms...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles
What?! Yeah, he's "Muslin" and he won't say the "Pledge of Allegiance."

Give me a break. It's easy to understand why you're homeless.

OWD

Give me break...I heard the rightwing liberal was raised a Muslum or Muslin...and I also heard he refuses to say the Pledge of Allegiance to our Great flag.

We have some great choices....a women or a Muslin for President.

I think the Democratic party has lost their damn minds.

Sidelock
Sidelock

OK. OK. Not liking someone is one thing, but making derogatory remarks about them is something else! I actually feel sorry for Hillary. Like a lot of other women in Washington, I think she's just beginning to realize that she didn't have to sleep with her husband to get someplace.............Denny Crane

Sidelock
Sidelock

If Hillary Clinton was married to Barack Obama we wouldn't have to look at her ugly mugg.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jimmy W
OK. OK. Not liking someone is one thing, but making derogatory remarks about them is something else! I actually feel sorry for Hillary. Unlike a lot of other women in Washington, I think she's just beginning to realize that she didn't have to sleep with her husband to get someplace.............Denny Crane

No one is sure she ever actually slept with her husband as Chelsey doen't really look like either of them!!

It doesn't matter whether Obama,Clinton or McCain win the election We as gun owners will lose.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 02/16/08 02:59 AM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Candidates say what their handlers tell them to say to get elected. They split words, spin phrases and make you think you hear what you want to hear. Few will ever come right out and tell you what they think for fear of loosing millions of voters. That assumes that they are not in fact an empty suit with no real thoughts about anything other than getting elected.

What scars me is that they all have this underling belief that all of our rights are granted by the government and we should be happy for that fact. The government only protects our rights not grants them. We empower the government not the government empowers us. That is a major difference. We should expect the government to do their job without the need for ever ending thanks for doing it.

Politicians are arrogant in most cases and feel that the laws they write do not really apply to them. They are our leaders and we little peons should bow humbly when they pass. The non elected ones are worse than the one who stand for election. Who would have been advising Al Gore after 9/11 had he won? Barbara Streisand, Opra, Rossie, Moveon.com, ect... Bush may not have made all the right choices after 9/11 but at least he did not just wring his hands and issue arrest warrants. It is these appointed and non appointed advisers that I worry about.

I have been hearing every election for the past 40 years is a election that will change our world for the worse. Most have been very little if any real change. This one will pass as the others have. Changes will happen but to a far lesser extent that most fear or want. Thank heavens for the fact that the government is a 8000 pound gorilla and getting it to move at all is a major feat. That inertia keeps us from any major change in any direction. Pity that 8000 pounds take so much to feed it from our income but at least it is solid as a rock and almost as smart.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim....American gun owners are tired of loosing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: marklart
The muslim/flag stuff is just juvenile and stupid. Obama has also stated plainly in the debates that he believes in the 2nd amendment. I believe he is considered and steady, and a breath of fresh air this country sorely needs. Judging by the stadium overlow crowds he's gathering, many agree.

Mark, the Muslim stuff is as false as the rumors about Bill Clinton having been recruited by the CIA when he was a student at Oxford. The flag thing . . . that one's true. I agree it's also juvenile and stupid on the part of the people who put it up in an Obama "volunteer" office, and also stupid of Obama not to tell them to take it down. If there were a McCain office with a swastika (or a Confederate flag, to mention something that has history where McCain is concerned), I would expect McCain to ask his supporters to take them down. And if either of those symbols appeared at a McCain office, I'm guessing the MSM would be all over it. Wonder why they've pretty much ignored the Che flag?

Last edited by L. Brown; 02/16/08 09:24 AM.
Page 3 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.