April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Sandlapper, Ted Schefelbein, Replacement, Jimmy W), 1,068 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#86322 03/05/08 08:34 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have been posting that i buy old doubles shotguns & parts and pieces if i can afford them. i would like to think i am a collector but I am not!! I am just a 52 year old disabled man that has allways played with guns, and I spend all winter in bed. So to keep me from loosing my mind, I buy things that I can play with. i just bought a Meriden SXS in real bad shape, no wood and the worst no forearm!! the guy I am getting it from told me that it had some barrel damage and it now has 23" barrels. He plastic bead blasted the barrells to see if the rib was on tight and it is, Can anyone help date this for me #60992? Most likely it will end up as parts, but I don't give up to easy.
I would be very great full for any and all info on this piece of History. People with money can buy Parker, Lc Smith, ect in the high grades, and they are saving history, poor people can do the same, with lower standards! We all put own pants on the same way!
Do not take me wrong, if I would of seen that Blown up LC smith that sold for $540.00 I would of went to the bank and borrowed the money to buy it!
As allways
I will be great full for any and all help, if anyone runs aceossed parts and pieces for this gun , please get a hold of me!
Thank you
Greg
p.s. Still looking for a knickaboocker Butt stock!

Last edited by gcollins; 03/05/08 08:35 AM.

I hope all your shot's kit the BULLSEYE.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg: please see this recent thread, with links to more infro
http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...age=4#Post86075

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg,

Glad you decided to come on board.

I added you gun to the serial number list.

Collector is very broad category. It does have to mean 6 figure pristine examples. We have had many members over the years who had boxes of parts. Often they knew more about how a gun evolved than many others. They certainly came to be well respected to those that needed a part.

Pete

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Guys for the info.
Pete I have no clue what you meant that you added the serial no. to the list, unless you folks are keeping a data base of what old Doubles are left out there.( I need to throw one more thing into this subject, I have not seen a pic of this gun, but in a phase the gentelman mentioned it was a Box Lock. I did go do some more research, he also told me, that it has some marking on it (D 30) and 52, I have looked at over a 100 Meriden Arms Company Box Lock shotguns in the last 30 mins.or so, but they all say Parker Bros, the gentelman that i am getting this from wouldn't let it go if it said Parker Bros. Could it be a transfer year gun? I found a box lock #67140 but it had Parker Bros on the sides of the reciever? Im lost? You guys allready new that!

I am great full for all the Help!
Greg

Last edited by gcollins; 03/06/08 08:40 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg:

PeteM is keeping a reference list of the somewhat scarce Meriden guns.

Check out this thread: http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...e=0&fpart=1

Bryan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Bryan. The hope is to reach the point were we can at least roughly tie in the serial numbers to an approximate date of manufacture. The list is still too small to make even a rough guess based on serial. Just based on the serial numbers, we should be seeing more Meriden guns that we are.

If some one sees / owns an Aubrey or Meriden gun and can provide a serial number, please let us know.

As to the sidelock / boxlock issue. Wait until you get the receiver. Then let us know.

Pete

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am sure that the gentleman has enough gun smarts to know it is a box lock. i dream of owning a Grade Side Lock Double, but I will never give up the hunt untill I die. I am over whelhem with my 1920 Fulton Hunter Arms Box lock, with the basket type weave on the reciever, from what I can gather it is or could of been in some way a LC Smith, it was sold to me as a LC Smith over the net, and i am not displeased a tall.
Thanks so much for helping me. When I get it next week, I will need some help putting up a pic or two. I also went to the threads that you folks told me to go to, what a AWESOME GUN!!
Thanks again
Greg Collins

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.