March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Borderbill, damascus, Jason Dubois, gunmaker, 2 invisible), 334 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,001
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

JB, What happened?

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello John Mann....a couple of things with this piece have caught my attention and may possibly have ties to your saying that Rempt was not especially liked by the Nazi Party. I'll initiate a search on the Web to see what I can find on this relationship, but for now can you expand on this just a little? Why was there a dislike, etc? Many thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

John may have something other in mind, but it is well known the Nazi's were essentially trying all they could to wipe out the European Jews. The largest gun manufacturer in Europe prior to WWII was said to be Simson. The Nazis took over their manufacturing facilities completely, forcing their many workers into slave labor to continue making war materials for themselves. One may not have to go any further than that to find the answer.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, I was pretty sure of the Jewish connection, though this was just a pretty good "probable" in my thinking. Please remember that at this point I am a total novice on doubleguns, German, English or whatever. But I have a burning desire to correct this ASAP!

In the engraving on this piece I'm pretty sure that I'm picking up on several-maybe 3,4 things-that indicate a possible Masonic connection either on the part of the builder, or the engraver, or possibly the individual for whom the piece was built if it was a custom built piece and not a "production" gun. The rudimentary square and compass should be evident to anyone who looks, but there are 2,3 more subtle indications also. Remember, too, that the Nazi Party targeted the Masonic Order equally along with the Jews and Gypsies as undesirables to be destroyed.This is a very interesting and beautiful doublegun!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am old and have poor eyesight. I can see no compass nor square or any other symbols in the engraving. Please direct us to these areas on the gun.
Best,
John

I looked again and saw the forest and the trees. You refer to the trigger plate and surrounds. I am not quick to agree but can see what you could see. Perhaps this is a suripticious effect but it looks as a framing effect to the engraving to me. But, I am open to be convinced.

Last edited by John Mann; 03/19/08 11:17 PM.

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am studying the photos and pondering on a couple of things that I think I see. Here is something that does stand out, however. In addition to the "probable" square and compass, there is another symbol on the trigger plate that would speak to someone knowledgable of the advanced degrees that somewhat delve into the sacred geometry. If you look closely it will be seen that the points or tips of the compass stop directly in line with the centerline through a football shaped symbol that lies to the right of the compass and square. This symbol would be a Vesica Piscis, and within this VP there are six flower blooms arranged to form triangles. The flower blooms differ in shape and petal composition. In the advanced degrees, primarily the 15th through the 18th, the Rose and Crocus are important elements. The question is, could these engravings depict roses and crocuses? From these two triangles formed by the flowers a number of other triangles can be constructed but this is getting deeper into an area of symbolism that puts me on a slippery slope and I'm not qualified to explain that.

Look at the photo of the opened breech. To the right is a circle and within the circle is another circle. The inner circle has 16 spokes, and the larger circle has 32 spokes. These are very important symbolic numbers in the advanced degrees.

None of this, at least at this point, is strong enough evidence to say with 100% accuracy that there is a connection, but there sure is enough to make me think there is. I'm trying to find info on the web on the Gebrueder Rempt, but so far I have found nothing on them that would add to or take away from what I'm seeing here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good ole' Walt was not Jewish. Comparing Rempt to Simson is like comparing Trabant to a BMW!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Paul, I (speaking only for myself) did not "compare" anything to Simson. I merely cited the example of Simson being taken over. It seems a valid observation still, to me.

As far as the hidden symbols and witches stuff in the engraving goes, nuts!! The only "geometry" I can discover is that of good engraving layout and design. "Vesica Piscis?" Say What?? The top lever inner circle of 16 "spokes" surrounded by a larger circle of 32 "spokes" is just good engraving layout. If this gun has hidden symbols in the engraving, then so do countless others with very similar engraving styles, from a number of different countries. Phoooeee!!! You may have been watching to many Harry Potter movies.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.