April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (fullandfuller, 1 invisible), 1,074 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

SXS 40 that is money well spent, it turned out fantastic! If you don't mind how long did your order take you to receive?

I was hot to trot to do a custom Dickinson order in 16 until last week when I found out the single trigger is non selective. Wanted to basically reproduce my Win 23 20 ga. but in 16 with 30" bbls. It would be a target gun so the non select trigger was a deal breaker for me. For as much money as it cost and use as a target gun I want a single select trigger.

Dickinson just started adding the option for ventilated raised rib on the plantation model 16 ga. a couple of months ago. Pacific Sporting Arms has been selling them as a sporter model in 410, 20 and 12 with raised rib, beavertail, single trigger and a pistol grip. I would want that option changed to a POW grip for my 16 ga. if I ordered one

Have never shot a Plantation or even a Dickinson. And worry some about what Greg ended up with, a gun that doesn't fit. I do know that I shoot the 28" factory Iside well, very well. Hopefully I will be able to shoot Dave's 30" soon. Dave I liked it better before you pointed out the long tang thing to me, now the short tangs don't look right to me either. You did warn me about not going down the SxS rabbit hole so no one to blame but myself though!

Stan that is a nice looking FAIR, first time I have seen the Gold in the wild as a boxlock. Most of the Golds have the side plates.

I have a FAIR made 16 ga. NEA 500 and always been envious of the Jubilee Prestige Tartaruga Gold

The Iside Gold sideplate never seemed quite right to me with the single gold inlay, after looking at the Prestige Gold O\U's for so long seems like it is missing a bird. But the boxlock Gold looks just about perfect and well balanced, good call on your part.

Tomorrow ordering a CZ sharptail in 16 through the CZ LE\Military program and my FFL dealer. I have no illusions about it being even close to the Dickinson or FAIR Iside. But can't get hurt too bad at the price, and it will give me time to decide on the others. Will mainly be a backup to the Win 23. For now.

SXS 40 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Cold Iron,

The Dickinson special order was received in less than 4 months. You can order a POW grip as well. In MHO, a side by side should have 2 triggers. The Sharptail "Target" model has 1 trigger and crushes clays. It looks kind of weird (ugly), with extended choke tubes however.

HWK
Sidelock
Sidelock

The POW grip on the Dickinson pictures I have seen have a weird, funky shape ........... not traditional IMO. I don't care for it.

Also probably should add that the Dickinson was ordered to my build specs and received in under three months. The FAIR was ordered, also to my specs of LOP, DAH, barrel length and trigger option, in early July. Italy takes the month of August off for vacation, so no work was done on it that month. Even with that delay I received it about the third week of September. Excellent delivery times on both guns.

Wonder how hard it would be to buy a long tang and fit it to my FAIR? Hmmmm.......

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.