April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (MattH, LeFusil, Ian Forrester, 1 invisible), 200 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,036
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I buy boxes from Uline and 3 pvc pipe from Home Depot. The barrels and forend go in the pipe, padded and packed tight. The pipe, cut full length of the interior of the box, goes in the box and the stock/receiver, well padded and packed tight, goes in the box.

I supposed the stock could be damaged in extreme circumstances but nothing will happened to the barrels. Besides protecting the barrels, the pipe shores up the strength and rigidity of the box.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
[quote=DAM16SXS]Regarding used corrugated....

No shipper will honor a damage claim is a gun is shipped in used corrugated.

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Never heard that before...Geo

I have never heard of this either. Can you give us some source to confirm such a thing? And what is the difference between a good used corrugated cardboard shipping box, and a new one?

I worked in shipping new products to both retail and wholesale customers every day of my career. This is the information I got from Fedex and UPS. I never questioned them about it. I somply took it as good advice. When it comes to paying damage claims they will use every possible reason to deny your damage claim and this is one of their reasons. Consequently, I never shipped anything valuable in used corrugated.
I didnt challenge their policy - I simply took necessary precautions.

Sidelock
Sidelock

For any gun I have worth shipping to get work done, I put it in a cheap aluminum, foam lined case and the case in a cardboard box. I don't want damage claims. I'll pay the shipping expense to avoid it. My expectation is the box will get dropped from a conveyer system somewhere. I think my method will survive a pretty high drop without gun damage.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
For any gun I have worth shipping to get work done, I put it in a cheap aluminum, foam lined case...

Please inform us about this "cheap aluminum, foam lined case". Thanks.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Originally Posted By: Chuck H
For any gun I have worth shipping to get work done, I put it in a cheap aluminum, foam lined case...

Please inform us about this "cheap aluminum, foam lined case". Thanks.
JR

A "cheap foam lined aluminum" case is one you've owned a long time and can't remember what it cost...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here you go . . . shipping on the boxes is fairly high, but stock up and buy more than you need. Quantity spreads the shipping cost out . . .

Good variety of nice shipping boxes

Sidelock
Sidelock

I make all my own gun shipping boxes from 2X3 pine and 1/4 luan flooring. Quick, easy and cheap. Countersunk and pre-drilled for 3/4 drywall screws every 6 inches or so.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.