Before Friday I knew nothing about Mrs Palin, and probably not a lot now, except I caught her acceptance speech and she sounded good, down to earth. Then I started watching the news, and surfing internet. I liked all her values and accomplishments, not to say she looks very nice. I did find an on line video of an interview a few weeks ago about energy, most espicially oil and natural gas, but she also mentioned wind and geothermal. She really impressed me as a lady with a head on her shoulders.

In reality she has more real life executive experience than any of the other candidates, including Sen McCain. Her decisions do not affect the rest of the country as much as those of the other canditates on a national level, but on her level the buck stopped there.

Like Sen McCain I have more than one home. My sister and I still maintain my deceased parents home in N Louisiana, she and my son living in Miss, me in Tx. so we have a"halfway house" to meet for weekends ect. Today I was watching CNN about the coming hurricane and caught Gov Bobby Jindal of La, and thought he is articulate and personable as is Ms. Palin. He had coordinated with various agencies, the gov of Tx and had aircraft coming to evacuate hospitalized/special needs patients and numerous other things which the prior La administration did not even think about until after Katrina. If this young man can get in a couple of good terms as gov. there he will propably be a rising star on the national scene. He surprised everyone by being the first non white to win since reconstruction days, being of Indian (country) parentage.

Most of us do not keep up with governors of states other than our own unless we have property or interests in another state. They simply do not affect us so there is no interest unless something like Ms Palin's acceptance of the candidacy occurs.

JJK