To J. Hall,
I read and saved both articles. Interesting reading but nothing really new in either one. The first, not sure who wrote it, claims to have had help from Dr. Robert Birch. This article ends with pictures of Anthony Matarese, Jr. Under the second picture are the words "a well fitted gun, good grip and the correct placement of the butt into the shoulder can help reduce the effects of recoil, Our two pictures here, of Anthony Matarese Jr. illustrate the point-but also note the lack of tension in the right arm and hand". What was more noticeable to me, was that Anthony(while clearly an outstanding shooter) had the butt out on his shoulder muscle and very low on his pectoral muscle(not up and inside the shoulder pocket, as it should be). His neck and head was down, like a heron about to spear a fish, rather than upright, with the gun brought up to his face.
The second article, by Larry Nailon fell apart for me when Larry started talking about how variations in pressure "directly relates to a variation of actual recoil". As most of us know(I hope) pressure has nothing, zip, zero, nada, to do with recoil unless it causes velocity variations. Even then, it is the velocity variations, not the pressure that affects recoil.

> Jim Legg <