Certain competition guns that I am familiar with seem to fall within the bounds of the guns which I described as indestructible regardless of the amount of use or the pressure or recoil of the loads used. Two guns with which I am familiar that fit that description are the Krieghoff clone of the Model 32 Remington, and the 680 series Beretta. These guns, set up tight and lubricated on a regular basis, seem to defy break in much less wear out. The two guns I have shot tens of thousands of competition and practice rounds with over the last twenty some years, a 22 year old 682 Beretta and a 42 year old Krieghoff Model 32, still drag on the hinges and have lever positions well to the right. The Beretta has had the locking pins replaced once, but the Krieghoff has had no work done at all. When the Beretta exhibited centered lever position after about 17 years of use, it was still very tight and dragging on the hinge, but I replaced the locking pins anyway to bring the lever back to the right. I have no reason to believe that any number of rounds could wear these guns out, regardless of pressure or recoil. My 87 year old Parker PHE Trap Gun probably digested as many or more rounds over the years, but I don't know that for a fact, so I won't use it for an example of longevity of a tight and lubricated gun.