I'd say, more likely, you don't want to verify what I've found because you're afraid it will upset your preconceived notions.

Straight from McIntosh, on Fox barrel-making: "But just as frames take time to file and finish, so do barrels, and the hand-work needed to strike a set of heavy tubes into a pair of lightweight barrels could eat up a sizeable chunk of company profit." Right . . . they just hammered away, costing the company more worker time, which = money. Why not just start with the correct weight tubes in the first place?

Last sentence in that chapter: "According to factory standards, barrels could not vary more than one ounce per pair from the weight specified." Thus, assuming barrels that haven't been cut or reamed significantly, if you put them on a scale, they ought to come out very close to the weights listed on pp 152-154. I have weighed a few sets of Fox barrels (certainly not dozens), and have found those tables to be quite accurate. And given the variation available in barrel weights, the best indicator of the overall weight of the gun will be . . . the weight of the barrels.